Zigbee 3.0 In-Wall Receptacle with Repeater 2024

Is there any information I can send you, or are you waiting for a device?

Do you have an AE item number for that?
All that's showing for KS-15T/WU is the Wi-Fi version, item 1005005552358791.

You're right. The Zigbee version is not on AliExpress. In fact the WU one is probably the Wi-Fi version anyway.

Screen Innovations Smart Outlet it is, then. I will try to call them to see what the lead time and availability are for the product.

YoLink YS6704 YoLink In-Wall Outlet is the same product generally but the reviews say "not wifi". Actually the Walmart listing says it uses LoRa. So, probably a dead end.

I found this product on Amazon. It is so random, but it works with SmartThings per this post. "Model I believe is SM-PW801-U2Z"

I was able to find the manufacturer, "xenon.cn":

SM-PW801-U2

SM-PW801-U1

There is a listing on AliExpress!

https://www.aliexpress.us/item/3256801433758667.html

My advise would be to stay away from Xenon - this is the Hubitat most incompatible Zigbee device I have ever dealt with ... Search this forum for Xenon.

1 Like

If you have this device paired to a HE hub, just publish a screenshot of the Device Details section that can be found at the bottom of the HE device web page.

Most home buyers are not home automation savvy. While an automated receptacle might be within code, because it is a non-standard device, many homeowners would not know how to deal with it if it failed. Also, the NEC of 2014 requires that all automated receptacles are properly labeled to indicate that they are not always powered. Lack of proper labeling would be a code violation.

If automated operation is no longer needed, code requires that the receptacle be replaced with a standard receptacle. Since the new homeowner might not have the same requirements for automation, it would be best to replace all automated receptacles with standard receptacles before the home inspection.

It is currently configured as a Generic Zigbee Outlet.

@lanpazi I replied in the other thread for this device.

Definitely not intuitive but thank you for your response. The outlets just jumped up a bit on acceptance since the light may be disabled.

1 Like

I discovered the Leviton ZSTLR-1HW and bought two of them. I asked like five suppliers for pricing and availability, but only GoKnight came through and shipped it. The ZSTLR-1HW works.

Advantages:

• Currently manufactured and supported by a major electrical supplier (Leviton)
  • Zigbee 3.0
  • Actually marketed as Zigbee 3.0, not marketed with some other proprietary brand name that may or may not interoperate with various Zigbee hubs
  • Has a button on the face to control it
  • Blue LED light is very small and not annoying
  • Looks like a pretty generic but functional outlet; no weird or confusing markings
  • Silent: no perceived humming or whining from the electronics

Disadvantages:

• No energy monitoring
  • Only comes in white
  • Expensive (USD$62) for what you get
  • Not "widely" available, requires working with your Leviton supplier

I have not installed it in a junction box yet, but I also want to point out that it is pretty thick. I estimate that it is the same thickness as Leviton's USB-C receptacles.

6 Likes

Curious if you asked Home Depot if they could special order it?

Are both outlets controlled by Zigbee relays or just one?

From the following link:

• Top outlet is always ON, bottom outlet is controlled
1 Like

I think one outlet is always on for these smart receptacles, regardless of brand, to comply with an nec requirement.

Can’t find the thread where (I think) I read that though…

1 Like

Sounds familiar...

Nice find! It looks like it has been around a while. I wonder why it hasn’t been more widely discussed. (I don’t think Leviton (and plenty of others, mind you) has ever done a good job of promoting their smart home devices, though it looks like they are positioning this more as a commercial device.)

Do you know if the LED behavior can be changed? I like ‘on when on’ for my receptacles.

Interesting wasn’t aware of NEC requirement about one outlet being always hot. Could have sworn I have seen a zigbee or Zwave receptacle where both were controlled at some point since I got into HA 10 years ago. Know Kasa has a WiFi outlet where both are switched.

1 Like

Eve has a dual outlet but it’s thread.

2 Likes

To answer the first question: yes, I asked Home Depot if they could special order it. The pro rep I was working with at my local store said she would call Leviton. I believe that she did, in fact, call Leviton, and Leviton said they would get back to her. I reached out a week later to see if she got more information and she did not get more information. I have not heard anything back since. Of course, in the intervening time, I got two units from GoKnight.

Looks like others already chimed in on the second question, but I will confirm since I actually own the product: only one outlet (the bottom one/the one with the universal power icon and the word "CONTROLLED" in vertical text) is controlled. The top one is always hot.

To answer JB_TX's question "Do you know if the LED behavior can be changed?" Here is the manual:

Nowhere in the manual does it indicate that the LED behavior can be changed. If you want to dive deeper, you could call Leviton Technical Support during business hours and see if they can find out if there are secret Zigbee commands to accomplish this. I would say a little piece of white electrical tape or just a simple removable white paper sticker will do the job just fine.

1 Like