Zigbee 3.0 button controller $8.88 USD at home Depot, includes cct bulb

I used the generic rgbw driver and get instant response, in the basement with my HE on the first floor. I do have a good number of repeaters, including an xbee 3 nearby tho. Never had any slow response so far...

They get 2 :+1: up from me but these are 1st CT bulbs I have used. They work fast enough for wife so they work fast enough for me.

Engineer posted an update:

DTH has been finished for a little bit now, but as others have guessed it is going through a review/approval process. Iā€™d guess early next week it should be available :wink:

When it is released there... how long to 'port to' Hubitat and how to install this new code/app?

Installing custom driver code is detailed in this article in Hubitat docs.

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=Drivers_Code

As far as "porting" it, someone would have to volunteer to port it over and then do the change over. There are many differences between Hubitat and SmartThings when you get down to that level of detail in the driver code, especially when it comes to Zigbee binding. It could be an hour or it could be days.

To clarify, there is no app. This is a driver.

1 Like

I don't believe it would do any good to port to HE. From what I have read in this thread, the remote uses group multicast/broadcast messaging and the HE does not support that. The only way to use in HE is if you have remotes paired to an ST hub (V2 or later) connected using HubConnect or similar.

I could very well be wrong because I don't know what "group multicast/broadcast messaging" is.

You aren't. This device isn't going to work with Hubitat. This has already been addressed earlier in this thread.

I thought you said that zigbee 3.0 devices will switch to unicast when connected to a coordinator that doesn't support multicast?

Never said nor implied this.

That is what you said. So, if that is not what that means, then can you please explain what you do mean? Because I don't understand it then.

The endpoint device isnt cable if determining if the hub is capable of accepting multicast group messaging or not.
What i have observed is that many touchlink devices when joined to a hub, and said hub binds to the devices output clusters that these devices will switch from multicast to unicast messaging.
The device it self doesn't ask the hub anything in regards to it's multicast support...

Well, the device doesn't ask..but in essence the hub is telling the device what it wants by binding to specific clusters? In the end though, the device switches from Multicast to Unicast, right? So, why would multicast be the problem here? Has it been determined that this remote does not do that?

1 Like

ST device handler is up on their GitHub. I know it needs to be converted for HE, I just wanted to let people know it's available.

Yeah...I saw this early this morning and quite frankly I'm really annoyed. I'm not going to even bother trying to port it. In fact, after all this waiting I'm not even going to use it on ST. The DTH they published only provides for 4 functions. That's right, each button gets "pushed" functionality only. No Held and no Released. To me, that is just a waste of a perfectly good remote. I'll leave it paired directly to the bulb and use all of the functionality out of it. I may hack at it and only use button 4, since that one paired to the bulb is kinda useless (IMHO) but haven't decided yet.

I'm really disappointed in ST about this. After weeks of waiting and almost a month of time for their to "verify" the DTH, this is all they came up with? It's pathetic.

@shadowjig Unfortunately, without a ST Hub, these remotes will not have the full capabilities that you want. See previous posts. You can pair the remote to HE to control the bulb(s) that came with it but you won't be able to control anything else. Porting the DTH doesn't achieve anything.

That's what I was trying to figure out earlier in the thread. What's the reason it will not work?

What the reason it will not work with Hubitat or will only have limited functions with ST?

Just think of it as a free one-button remote with a PUSH, HELD, DOUBLE-TAP, & TRIPLE-TAP. For only paying $8.88 (or $4.88) for the bulb, it's a lot cheaper than a SmartThings Button. :grin::grin::grin::grin: Come on, the glass is half-full!

But we waited all this time! For this?!?

I get the push/held thing, but put that aside. Why will it not work as a 4 button controller on HE?

I know but there are 4 buttons so you can do 4 things. So it's like a single button with 4 options and I got it cheaper than one of these that would cost me $15: