Zigbee 3.0 and C7 hub

I know of at least one device which do show up in the database but doesn't pair with HE, if the certified device and the tested device have the same firmware I don't know however. So, possible, but unlikely.

This is sadly way too true :frowning:

1 Like

I'm not a cryptographer, but yes they are similar from the perspective of unique keys per device as opposed to per hub.

As far as Z security goes for my homes lan/local radio devices, I only enable it where it's mandated by the device. Everyone has different levels of tolerance for these things.

There are much easier ways of getting into my house than capturing the radio encryption keys and unlocking doors...

9 Likes

@2005

From a end-user perspective - spec-compliant zigbee 3.0 devices will work with current Hubitat hubs. Zigbee Green Power devices will not. If/when they become pervasive, I imagine Hubitat will design/release a model that supports them.

5 Likes

I have not play with green power devices. I did read some of the literature of Zigbee Green Power. But, at the same time, I am not an expert. One of the shortest article about green power is below.

https://www.digikey.com/en/articles/designing-ultra-low-power-wireless-automation-with-zigbee-green-power

If you are in hurry, you can skip to proxy and sink section. My understanding of Green Power is that there will be a proxy that will represent a green power device. All example given so far that the proxy will communicate to a sink. A specific example is given are in the case of green power switch and a lamp as sink.

I wonder if the sink is not a lamp but a virtual switch that talk to a Zigbee Pro 2.0 hub like Hubitat. In this case, one probably can enjoy Green power device with older hub/coordinator.

You may need your router/repeater to be 3.0. You may need one of those device become your sink (obviously a 3,0 device). That sink may in turn emulate the original green device. This sink can take command on behalf of the green device while the green device is not on power to an older coordinator.

4 Likes

Interesting! Thanks for posting that article.

1 Like

Yes this is possible because the Aurora hub was 1.2 (now updated the software to 3.0) and it always had green power devices. All their other products were 3.0 so your assumption may be correct to?

But I doubt HE will implement a improved stack just to get green power working, when they could move move it to 3.0 and just get that rolled in by default with load of other stuff.

2 Likes

Something as simple as COMPATIBILITY with the latest revision of the standard. Zigbee 3.0 devices are the standard and they are NOT compatible with the latest Hubitat revision? Crazy.

Where did you get this from? Certified zigbee 3.0 devices will work with Hubitat (except for ZigBee Green Power devices). Drivers may have to be written for some devices, but a certified zigbee 3.0 device should pair with Hubitat, and if nothing else, be recognized as a "Device".

6 Likes

Can I ask which devices you are referring to?

The reason I ask this is there is a company in the UK that has just released some light switches that are 'zigbee 3.0'. I sent them an email and asked them if it 'global' zigbee 3.0 or a proprietary version. The answer was it was proprietary and would not work with any other zigbee hub.

Also I'm using Sonoff/Tuya devices which are listed as zigbee 3.0 and they work with the HE hub.

1 Like

green power is "as simple as COMPATIBILITY"?, how about you go read the spec, then get back to me on that...

3 Likes

What are the switches. Would be interested in looking at them :+1:

I just paired a Water Valve that “claims” to be Zigbee 3.0 to HE.
Was detected as “Device” but 10 seconds later I had it working perfectly when I set it to “Generic Zigbee Outlet”
Is there anything in the “fingerprint” that indicates Zigbee 3.0 ??

No, but when this happens if you post the fingerprint that's printed to the live logs, then the driver it works with we can update the drivers so that future inclusions of that device will select the correct driver.

1 Like

Also, we have a Sinope water valve driver which should work

2 Likes

I grabbed this when I paired it.
Zigbee 3.0 Water Valve
ID: 293B
Manufacturer: _TZ3000_o4cjetlm
Product Name:
Model Number: TS0001
deviceTypeId: 14
manufacturer : _TZ3000_o4cjetlm
idAsInt : 1
inClusters : 0000,0003,0004,0005,0006,E000,E001
endpointId : 01
profileId : 0104
application : 47
outClusters : 0019,000A
initialized : true
model : TS0001
stage : 4
manufacturer :
idAsInt : 242
inClusters :
endpointId : F2
profileId : A1E0
application :
outClusters : 0021
initialized : true
model :
stage : 4

Does that give everything that's needed ?

1 Like

I was supposed to send you a spare LeakSmart valve that I had, but ended up using it with a community driver. You suggestion to @njanda made me go back and test whether that valve works with the built-in Sinope Water Valve driver.

And it does - perfectly. Open/close works, and battery level is displayed.

Here's the fingerprint of the Waxman LeakSmart valve:

@marktheknife - tagging you because I think you have a LeakSmart valve

5 Likes

yep. Sure does. Thx

Yup sinope valve driver has worked fine with my LeakSmart since I had it installed a few weeks ago.

2 Likes

https://click-smart.com/products/2-gang-smart-socket

Here is the thread with the reply from the company about my query.

2 Likes

Yes, thanks.