Zigbee 2 mqtt

You're talking about the 5 button correct?

I'm going to be a throne mainly because HE solved the alertme protocol.

The five button remote works with Philips Hue, Ikea gateway, Smartthings, home assistant with conbee II (via zigbee2mqtt, deCONZ, possibly ZHA).

What "most hubs" are you considering? I know this comes off mean but I'm not trying to be. I'm trying to state lots of hubs have options here for the 5 button remote. This thing is popular and when I talk about Hubitat...I have to say it is the greatest zigbee system it there but it can't do the Ikea 5 button.

Yeah, the 5 button steering wheel jobster...

Show me the driver for this...

IKEA now calls this a Remote Control in the US and Canada. They were calling it a Steering Device, which got really confusing with the round dial that could be used in its base, on a table or in the air (sort of). That is discontinued in favor of this.

Ok, no idea about that device, the puck, to which you linked the st handler does work, however it's super chatty, so we have not included a driver for it.

This is usable. But the DTH, is really just giving feedback from the bulb I would assume. Step 8 is to pair the remote with the bulb, so it's still just a touch link pairing, remote to bulb and the hub simultaneously paired to the bulb. The remote isn't sending commands to the hub with that driver is it?

The linked thread points users to the smartthings app. There you can add the remotes (including the 5 steering wheel button) by selecting the wireless control. Interestingly the motion sensor too. I believe the motion sensor has the same issue as the 5 button remote?

C'mon man, have a look at that driver, all it supports is switch, ie on and off...
There is no way that driver will work with the 5 button remote...
Ok, so pair the steering wheel to the hub, then touch link it to a Ikea bulb, and then what?, that's not a button controller if you're using the bulbs responses the the controllers group commands as a means of getting them into the hub..., that's what that post is about...
That is not supporting the controller, that's a hack.

The bottom line is Ikea stuff is cheap, they design it for their own eco system, their color bulbs don't even support hue and saturation commands in the color cluster, their engineering expense firmware wise is as low budget as you can get and still fetch a modicum of zigbee certification...

1 Like

Haha, I didn't! I just posted it :grin:

I thought it was the same one as this which I did personally use back in 2017 for a short period when they first came out. I was limited then.

100% agree. We're on the same page for sure. Really the only way that would make sense would be for someone to write an app that translates between CoAP and Groovy. But IKEA now has local security layers you have to deal with too.

1 Like

The smartthings official integration in action.
Near the end you see him using the 5 button remote.

@mike.maxwell sorry I can't find the driver. I can only find people talking about the Smartthings official integration.