Zen17 and Zooz Garage Door Opener

Thanks Mavrrick58 - i do have the GDO button direct to the Door Opener, and the Zen17 effectively connected in parallel at the Opener as well. The wires from each are twisted and inserted into the same slot. It is possible someone closing the garage yesterday hit the button multiple times to pause it partial way, it reverses, then closes...etc. I would hope the sensor would determine the final state in the code logic...

@ Bullfrog - Thanks for sharing your experience. C-8 should arrive in a day or two. Now to figure out how to migrate. :wink: I'm sure i saw an article or post on the topic.

Thanks!

Firmware 1.04 is really old and early.

I would suggest you power cycle the device. And check the firmware again.

If it still shows the old firmware. Exclude it from the hub, include again without security. Perform the upgrade to the latest firmware. Exclude again and include again check the firmware.

I have found i always need to have devices without security to do the firmware upgrades. Once you have confirmed it is upgraded go back and reconfigure it as expected.

1 Like

Not trying to derail this thread but has anyone had any luck updating the firmware on these that are paired with S2 without excluding/including again? I just tried doing one of mine that controls one of my garage doors last night and after 10+ hours it hung at 29%.

Not as far as I know... Perhaps with a stick, but I don't use one of those. I rely on the built-in updater, and it's still broken as far as updating S2 devices.

Which is a big bummer - I hope the HE team addresses that someday... I'd use S2 for everything if I could do firmware updates without the exclude/include hassle, but as it stands now, I never use S2 for just that reason.

Agreed, the only devices I have paired with S2 are my garage door openers and my locks.

thanks, will try

If paired with security the Firmware updater driver does works. [BETA] Updated binary firmware updater

If your issue was the speed though, it wont help with that, it will be just as slow.

Sometimes if you power cycle the hub and the device about 10 minutes before attempting the update it will help with the speed.

Using a USB stick as a secondary controller and then bringing it close to the device with a laptop is the best way to do updates.

1 Like