Zemismart Set Level/Position

I recently purchased and added several _TZE200_pw7mji0l for our roller blinds and I have it all working with the Zemismart driver but have one issue that I can't tell if it's working as expected or if there is something I can change. It seems like the level always rounds to the nearest 10s (i.e. 10, 20, 30 etc) and I can't get any more granular than that. We have zebra blinds and often want to open the shade just enough to align the stripes.

I do have the limits set and can use the set limit/position commands but it always seems to round up or down to the nearest 10.

If I try and set a level to anything less than 7 it does not do anything at all and 7 and above it ends up rounding up and ends up setting the blind to 10/20/30/etc regardless of the number I pass.

I can do it with the remote but when I do the level for the device in Hubitat is always rounded up to the nearest 10. Closest I've been able to come with is a RM rule with a start and then delayed stop within a second or so but that is inconsistent because delay function in RM isn't really designed to be that accurate and it is dependent as well on timing of zigbee commands being received by the blind.

Is there a way to set a lower granularity of level change with the Zemismart driver? If so how, if not any thoughts on other options? Wasn't sure if something like Node Red would allow for more start/stop accuracy if I need to continue down that route.

Also I'm guessing there is no way to get Zigbee to issue a command that would have the blind move to the middle level? We currently have the blinds set to that partial opening we want for our remote.

This is a device minimum step limitation via the ZIgbee interface - confirmed in other HA systems also.

Yeah, when no one responded to the thread I did some testing with other hubs, including buying one of their hubs and using their app. We have the mid level set to the right place to achieve the slight open needed in our blinds and use an RF controller to send the remote command in order to get that level when we want it.

1 Like

The bad news is that not every Zemsismart shade/roller blinds motor is supported by the Tuya Matter bridges. I have 3 different models/manufacturer blind motors and two of these are exposed via Matter, but one motor is not. So, even with Matter, it is still a lottery for which device will work in HE and which will not.