Z-Wave Unresponsive After 2.3.8.122 Upgrade

Did you have the "Update Firmware" button present on the Z-Wave Details page?

Sounds like something is preventing the update to Z/IP Gateway 7.18. Can you please send me your hub id so we can further investigate? Your second one looks good to go now.

I did on BOTH hubs the first time I attempted the upgrade. After I downgraded, I noticed that the button had gone on both of them, so effectively skipped that step the second time round in both cases.

1 Like

Thanks for the update. I deleted your hub ID, as that is unique to your hub. I'll follow up in a private message once we had a chance to look at your hub.

@bobbyD I had a similar issue with my C7 on 2.3.8.122.

Last night, I was having trouble with one of my devices not responding to zwave commands. I opened the zwave log and sent a command - the device didn't respond and nothing showed up in the log. I ran a zwave repair on that device with the log open - again, nothing in the log.

I rolled back to 119. The log and devices are all working fine again. There certainly seems to be an issue with C7 zwave on 122.

Have you confirmed your C7 is up to date?

If you've completed the C7 Z-Wave update if it applied to you...

hubIPaddress/hub/zwaveVersion should return:

VersionReport(zWaveLibraryType:7, zWaveProtocolVersion:7, zWaveProtocolSubVersion:18, firmware0Version:7, firmware0SubVersion:18, hardwareVersion:1, firmwareTargets:1, targetVersions:[[target:1, version:7, subVersion:18]])

hubIPaddress/hub/advanced/installZipgateway718 should show return:

already running v7.18.3

Yes. I'm completely up to date

1 Like

Aside from disabling the auto firmware update on .122, nothing else has changed, from .119. Perhaps, the Z-Wave crashed and after rebooting to install .119, the radio came back online. Please send me your hub id in a private message so we can look at what might have happened.

Any further ideas yet?

Assuming you've already sent your hub UID to Bobby. Remember it's Sunday, so there may not be much more action until the week starts. Pretty darn nice that HE staff are hanging out here on the weekends, but I do support them trying to have a life outside of work. :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

well aware thanks, I sent the UID on Friday, wasn't being pushy, just trying to see if I've missed anything. thanks

2 Likes

We are still investigating. We will follow up on your private message as soon as we have identified the problem.

2 Likes

Go away, no one wants you here!

:wink::grin:

1 Like

You'd need to take my phone away, first, because it keeps buzzing me.

3 Likes

I am having the exact same issue. I have a C-7 Hub and have been regularly updating the platform software (but not Z-Wave firmware). I am now on Platform version 2.3.8.140. I followed the instructions (but did not downgrade to 3.3.8.122).

I get an error 404 after trying to install zipGateway718, but if I go back to zipGate715, everything is working fine.

Run the endpoint to install the 7.18 multiple times until it tells you that it is already updated. Then reboot. If that does not fix it, leaving it on 7.15 for now wont hurt anything.

Success!!!!! Thanks.

2 Likes

Mine is still broken, did your z-wave get resolved?

If Z-wave keep crashing, then try running the zipgateway718 endpoint again, wait for it to finish. Then run it again until you get a message saying it is already updated. Then reboot. It seems to take multiple runs for it to take for some people.

1 Like

Thanks JTP, I tried but it failed. I had to go back to 715, reboot and had to install zipgateway 718 twice, before it reported the proper version.
All is well now

2 Likes