Z-wave seems to be completely dead this morning

Thanks. That is very helpful.

I have this one on hand. Do you think it will do?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00A128S24/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&th=1

no that is a gigabit switch and by nature will try to process and fragment jumbo frames. You want 100mb

Great.

So just to be sure I understand. Do you believe putting in this hub between the router and the Hubitat hub will solve the Z-Wave radio problem?

If jumbo frames are causing yes. You could explore turning off the cloud backup temporarily.

I was thinking you would say that.

Would you guess there is no more than a 50/50 chance it would work?

I've decided to experiment. But since this is a guess, I want to go cheap. I found this model for $9 which seems to be 100MB. Do you think it would fit the bill?

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B000FNFSPY/ref=sw_img_1?smid=ATVPDKIKX0DER&psc=1

that'd do it. And either could be causing the issue.

Thanks, @rlithgow1. I guess we'll see if it helps. Meanwhile, I will turn off cloud backups and put in a support ticket (@bobbyD ).

1 Like

Oh and BTW you don't have any zooz 4-in-1 sensors or zen-25's in your mesh do you?

Well it looks like I will not be opening a support ticket. I went to the "support page", entered the subject, and I'm back here. So I suppose this all the support there is. I'm doing my best. @bobbyD

Indeed I do have a Zooz 4-in-1 sensor.

I have this one.

Well now I found a place on the support page to enter a "Warranty" problem. That seems to be the closest to my problem of the other two choices to send in a request, "Shipping" and "Subscriptions."

I've seen your case coming through. Someone will get back to you shortly.

For those of you who are having Z-Wave meltdowns following a failed backup, I encourage you to sign up for the recent beta release, if you are not already a beta user.

We have added additional logging that could be enabled for those who are running the latest release. If you are interested in helping us out to narrow down this issue, please join our Beta program:

3 Likes

no failed backups here but my zwave crashed at some point today. Reboot didn't fix so attempting a shutdown/power pull/power up and will see what happens. I do have some zen25's but they've been there for ages and haven't had any issues thus far. I set all the reporting frequency settings to 5min

How do you know it crashed?

Semantics for nothing on my zwave network worked anymore. It wasn’t until I powered off and unplugged the hub that zwave began working again. Did the radio ‘crash’ as in segfault? Not sure. It certainly wasn’t working.

Sometimes it might give you a "zwaveCrashed" message in Location Events in the log. Don't forget to hit "Reload" for the latest.

Although, mine has crashed after a cloud backup without that message.

Anyone having Z-Wave crashes, please update to to the latest release 2.3.6:

1 Like

If you'd like a confirmation if your Z-Wave "crashed" or not, send me a private message along with your hub id and we can check your hub's engineering log (assuming your hub is connected to the cloud).

If there was no message, there wasn't a crash. The radio can go unresponsive for different reasons, but that doesn't mean the radio went offline.