Z-Wave Routing

I have been replacing my old non-plus Z-wave devices with Z-wave Plus devices. I have also spent time reviewing the data in the Z-Wave Details page within HE. I thought that Z-Wave Plus was supposed to be backwards compatible with non-plus Z-Wave, but it really does not appear to be. The routing of my non-plus devices go to great distances and number of hops to avoid having to go through a Plus device. And the Plus devices go to great lengths to avoid routing through a non-plus device.

Is Z-wave routing controlled entirely via the device, or does the HE hub play some role in how the routing works?

The hub often plays a roll; this is what z-wave repair is all about.

If you have not ran z-wave repair on the non-plus devices recently, I would recommend doing so and see if that improves things.

1 Like

And install Tony Fleisher’s (@tony.fleisher’s) excellent Z-Wave Mesh Details app. It can be installed easily through Hubitat Package Manager.

2 Likes

I have absolutely been using the Z-wave Repair Tool every time I replace some of the switches. It is very clear that the Plus and Non-Plus devices are avoiding each other.