Z-Wave routing confusion

I've been watching my Z-Wave devices closely over the past several days, really as a curiosity more than anything. I have had no problems with my devices, but noticed a confusing route associated with my back door contact sensor.

It is an Aeotec Z-Wave Plus recessed door sensor. The route shows "01 -> 83 -> 62 40kbps". This is fine, except that I don't have a device 0x83 anywhere on my devices page??? I haven't added, removed, relocated or had problems with any device(s) on my network. I have also looked for possible ghost nodes, to which I have not found any. There have been some in the past that I removed with my Z-Stick, but nothing recent.

Any ideas as to why this is?

If it's working I would say ignore the routing. I've seen "crazy" routing for years but everything keeps working so I don't worry about it.

1 Like

In general, do not worry about the routes unless there is an issue.

That node 83 would be listed as 0x83 (131)

If you want to dig deeper, use this app: [BETA] A Z-Wave Mesh Tool [C7 and 2.2.4+ Only]

If you expand a node to look at the details it will show you the actual device name of what it is routing through, much easier to follow than the node numbers.

1 Like