Z-Wave Plus Qubino Mini Dimmer ZMNHHD1

The quibino flush dimmer is on the supported devices list and it does have a dedicated driver for it. I would try that driver first.

Thanks for that, still wating on my hub to arrive, do you know if the driver supports changing parameters?

There is another driver, the "Basic Z-wave Tool" that is available on the Hubitat public github which allows you to change any parameter you want.

2 Likes

That driver (quibino flush dimmer) doesn't work so well with the mini dimmer in my experience, oddly enought the Fibaro Dimmer works better for day to day dimming actions and the already mentioned Basic Z-wave tool to set the parameters.

recive my hub and set up a few devices now, what did you meam by is dosnt work well, what issues did you have?

It didn't dim with the quibino flush dimmer driver. So I started trying other build in drivers. The fibaro seemed to function best at that time. But in the logs I get some errors tho. I didn't research further since for my use this is working.
Ideally a custom mini dimmer driver would be better ofcourse and probably omit the errors.

its strang at the moment, the light is coming on with motion sensor ive set up but its not reporting on/off
its sending power reports but looking at the logging there isnt any on/off events and the dashbord is updating

and get this when saving - There are 10 pending changes, please click the Save button again.

I have two of these, not sure i like them at the moment, but have put a quick driver together for them

It doesn't have all parameters yet

Cheers

Thanks for that, I switched it to generic smart dimmer drive, seems to work reporting wise now, but I'll try urs 2moz.

Edit this for the new version?

Thanks

new version of the mini dimmer ?
haven't seen any other versions, mine are firmware version 20.0

This one

Yes that's it, only been the one version of it that i know of

Cheers

They had sent me a curved style dimmer befor but it was defective

OK, that sounds like the flush dimmer then

i dont get it, with ur driver (and the generic) it dosent report on/off until poll'ed
i switched back to the stock qubino dimmer and for command it does, but still dosent report on/off for physical switching, you can see its reporting power but still saying its off

The two I have report ok, what firmware version do you have on your hub?
Did you notice anything in the logs when itโ€™s turned on or off?

nothing unless i press refresh

it reorts power

Sorry been away for a while, thatโ€™s the same version I was using so nothing to do with that.
Can you check if there is anything in the logs when my driver is been used, just as Iโ€™m not sure what messages would be in the driver you have.

its not urs, it was doing it with the stock qubino dimmer driver. it was also doing it with a zigbee dimmer i have, missing the on/off frame.
but, past day they have improved and the issue has moved over to a fibro motion sensor, motiong works but temparture/battery and lux isnt getting updated!

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.