Z-wave Plus or Not?

I bought a Leviton DZPA1-1RW Zwave (plus?) outlet.

The box has a zwave plus logo on it.

On amazon and leviton website the newest version is DZPA1-2BW . I am just suspicious that the new version is zwave plus but the one i bought is not.

The zwave alliance lists it as zwave plus but it does not list the models last 3 digits just DZPA1.

The first link shows the 1RW version and does not mention zwave plus in the Ad. The second link shows the 2BW and mentions zwave plus

https://www.amazon.com/Leviton-DZPA1-1RW-Controls-Appliance-Locator/dp/B00LEWQYC6/ref=sr_1_2?ie=UTF8&qid=1550870283&sr=8-2&keywords=dzpa1-1rw

https://www.amazon.com/Leviton-DZPA1-2BW-Decora-Outlet-Technology/dp/B01NAO4B9Z/ref=sr_1_1?ie=UTF8&qid=1550870347&sr=8-1&keywords=dzpa1-2bw

The reason I ask is that I tried to use it as a repeater and it seemed to struggle with range, I do have a spot to use it closer to the hub but I can still return it to home depot

once you've paired it to hubitat, if you don't see the cluster 0x5E in the device info page, then its not z-wave plus.

1 Like

I guess its not a conspiracy it really is zwave plus, LOL

• inClusters: 0x5E,0x85,0x59,0x86,0x72,0x70,0x5A,0x73,0x25,0x20,0x27,0x2C,0x2B,0x7A

Yup. It sucks, though, as Leviton made a Plus and non-Plus version. They look similar and have the same model #.

You can tell the PLUS version because it has a ground hole on the plug. The non-plus is just two hols on the plug (no ground).

1 Like

Good to know thanks

Going off on a bit of a tangent -
I have an old Fibaro FGK-10x door/Window sensor that is Zwave, only and I've NOT been using it because it'd be the only NON-ZwavePlus device in my mesh but now I have a use for it as a thermometer (it's got the chip) as well as a very seldom used door sensor. It'd go on the door of my Mains Powerboard on the side of the house.
So it'd be opened once every time the guys comes to read the meter (once per quarter) but it'd be sending temperature changes throughout the day / night.
Is this likely to substantially, negatively impact my Zwave mesh due to the lower speed transmission etc ??
Will it likely impact my mesh in another way ??

I have three non z-wave plus devices on my mesh and have zero problems.

1 Like

I guess I'll give it a go and see how things turn out.
Luckily I'll be JUST adding this one device so I can monitor it my mesh for a month or so and get a feel as to if there's been any impact.

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.