Z-Wave Plus dimmer level not updating when digital commands sent

I can confirm having a similar issue with my dimmer:

I changed the driver to the non smart and added it to the poller until this get fixed, it's the Master Room Ceiling light and in the past it was working fine.

1 Like

I only have one of the GE dimmer's with the issue, but I do use it multiple times a day, Also had a co-worker with the same problem.

The rest of my dimmer's are Leviton's and they seem to be working properly.

I am starting to hate my GE 14294 dimmers. They report on but often don’t report off events. Anyone else having similar issues? Mine are either v2 or v3 and purchased within the last 4-6 months from Lowes.

As @destructure00 mentions I really hope I don’t need to poll these devices.

You don't, 2.0.1 has an update for the generic smart switch driver.

3 Likes

You are the man! Thank you sir.

Excited for this update :slight_smile: Do you guys have an ETA?

today

4 Likes

Just updated, problem appears to be fixed. I tested physical on/off and level changes, and digital on/off and level changes. Everything updates correctly. You guys rock!

If any of you have changed your Plus devices to use the Generic Z-Wave Dimmer driver, remember to change it back to the Generic Z-Wave Smart Dimmer driver...

1 Like

Who will not be happy with a support like this? ST could take ages and no one complains :joy:

Thanks, confirmed its working.

Thanks for the reminder

1 Like

How do we know which ones should use the Smart Dimmer?
Is there a specific inclusters that means Smart?

Yes, cluster 5E, that means it's Z-wave Plus

1 Like

thanks I dont have any 5E dimmers but have a couple of Leviton DZPA1-2BW
They have 0x5E, right now set as generic outlet, what should they be for best results?

Yes 0x5E is the cluster, if they are dimmers you can use the generic smart dimmer, I read somewhere that they had some clusters as outlets and that's why HE add them as outlets but changing them to dimmer should work.

Sorry should have been clearer
they are actually on/off outlets - no dimming - but do have 0x5E
Wondering if they should be changed to smart switch

The generic driver for those should be fine, no need to change them to something else. I looked the part number and showed they were dimmers. Sorry the confusion.

Is anyone else still experiencing this issue with the current release (2.1.5 & 2.1.7) and these GE/Jasco dimmers (14294 & 14280)? I still see this at random.

These dimmers all ramp up & down. Many times when I turn them on from a Hubitat dashboard panel, they do go on to 100%, but the dashboard panel will show them at some much lower level. If I drag the level on the dashboard panel back up to 100%, the lights don't actually change, but the dashboard panel sticks.

I get a similar behavior when turning them off from the dashboard panel. They go off, but the level on the dashboard panel changes to a lower value than they were when I turned it off.

I am thinking this is the ramping behaviour influencing the status to Hubitat. I feel like I am constantly going around and manually synching the dimmer levels.

Any ideas?

What driver are you using for these dimmers?

OOTB Generic Z-Wave Smart Dimmer. I am currently on the latest 2.1.7.

I would have to admit I see the problem more on the 14280 devices, but sometimes still on the 14294.

What is the transition time you have set up for them in the device? The ramp rate that is set in the parameters....if you didn't modify it, that's okay too. Just wondering if you did.

I did not modify that. (Was not even aware I could. :slight_smile:) The device page for them in Hubitat does not expose that setting.