Z-wave not working?

Yea, looks like there might be a thousandth or two between the ground pad and center pin pad but with the angle and it being too blurry it's hard to tell for sure. I'd at a minimum use a continuity tester between the two and see if they're bridged.

1 Like

I put it under my digital microscope. doesn't look bridged.
WIN_20220413_22_08_38_Pro
I went ahead and re-soldered it anyways. Not my best work but it was quick.
WIN_20220413_22_35_21_Pro
Now to test it. I don't think it's going to make a difference but I would be happy to be wrong.

1 Like

Alright. Here is where I'm at currently:

Clicked repair and got this:

Stage: Idle
Finished Z-Wave Network Repair
Failed Nodes: 06 07

Excluding doesn't work. They don't pick up at all during the process.

Anyone want to buy a Hub?

Air gap the devices and the run the repair. When failed shows up click remove. Once they are removed, run zwave exclude on both devices. After that pair one device back and if successful, pair the other one.

1 Like

Also dont move your hub to the device. See if it will pair in place.

1 Like

One more thing, try changing your zwave channel to 20 before you pair the devices back.

How do you change the Z-wave channel?

Sorry I was thinking ZigBee nm.

Can't get past this step, I hit exclude, it counts down. I go tap my switches, neither one gets picked up and the timer times out. Its not picking them up.

Already did the force remove on the radio right? With the switches air gapped?

Yup. Removed both devices from the radio list, and removed both devices form the devices list. Both switches were air gapped at the time.

Ok if exclude doesn't pick them up try an include now. If include works then the pairing failed last time you joined them and they didn't really pair all the way.

If it fails yeet the hub across the room or toss it in the pool. I guess you could resell it or try to get a refund through eBay. Maybe donate it to a community member that doesn't need zwave and let them know there is an issue with the radio.

1 Like

Nothing. It didn't pick them up in Include either. I even did a factory reset on each switch (tap 3 times up and 3 times down, Ultrapro Jasco)

Yeeting this thing would make me feel better.

For Sale: Hubitat C-7, Barely Used. $85 plus shipping USPS Flat Rate Box.

I know I sure did when Alexa went for a swim.

Anyone have a quick way to factory wipe and reset a Hub?

Yes go to port 8081 and reset.

Did you originally purchase this on ebay?

Yes, purchased on E-bay so no recourse for warranty or returns. Seller states it was an open box never used. I just relisted it though and its now going to someone else who might get better use out of it. I'm now using Home assistant with a Zooz 700 series USB stick on my Pi and it worked out of the box with Z-wave JS. all nodes picked up right away. Lot less hassle... I'm sorry it didn't work out in my case but obviously there was something wrong with it