Z-Wave network stops Zigbee keeps working

I'm just thinking out loud here but is the z-wave radio failing to reset because there is nothing to reset?
Like I say, I really don't know but just throwing it out there.
EDIT: Again stupid question time from me but you are in the USA aren't you.

1 Like

I wish I could add a z-wave device in the first place so I can reset :slight_smile:
Yes, I am in USA.

Well that's me finished.................
@bobbyD any thoughts on this?

I'm sorry am coming in late to this so may have already been done but did you disable the Z-Wave on the details page "Z-Wave status" then try to enable it?

1 Like

Hi Eric, thanks for your suggestion. I try disabled and enabled. But it doesn't help.

Sounds like a faulty Z-Wave radio I guess - don't know what else it could be - you tried changing power supplies?

Hopefully the Staff can get back to you and get it resolved.

1 Like

I try a different power supply and usb cable. It doesn't make any difference.

1 Like

Ouch that sucks sorry to hear. Let us know how things work out.

1 Like

It has been a week since the last post. I didn't get any response from support. Other than the automated reply, I also didn't get any response for the ticket I opened on Dec 30 (case number: 19846), Usually how long does it take to get update from support?

Hi there, usually non-escalated tickets get responses within 3 business days, however, I am showing that I replied to your email on December 31st informing you that the issue reported has been referred to our engineering team. I am following up now and will get back to you shortly with further details. Thank you for reaching out.

2 Likes

Hi Bobby, Thanks for the follow up. I thought your email on Dec 31st was an automated email. Sorry about that.

1 Like

Could you have a look at mine as well from the 17 dec please

@bobbyD can you have a look at my escalated ticket from the 17th December

Anyone?

@bobbyD can you have a look at my escalated ticket from the 17th December

I'm having the same issue om my C-5. Sent an email on Thursday, hoping for a response before next weekend. I have to pull the power 2-3 times per day.

@swehunter200 Sounds like a mesh issue cratering the radio.

Tried troubleshooting here. How can I fix it?

Need to figure out what device is trashing the radio. Have any zooz 4-1's or any power reporting devices? What hub software version are you running? Any S0 devices?

Thing that's bugging me is i submitted a support ticket on the 17th December and apart from a automated message saying its be escalated.

Its not very good customer service.

As a side note I have a growing box of z-wave stuff because the only fix seams to be replacing with zigbee. The more I remove the longer the intervals between the z-wave radio locking up.

It's usually one device that is causing it. Over 200 devices here and it never locks up. There is an x on the devices page at the top right. Click it and a new column will show up. You can use this to disable individual devices. Go through them to narrow down the problem to a particular device.