Z wave mesh frozen completely

So, removed two of these very weird phantom devices. They were in HE and working but not showing under zwave in HE or in zensys. I did a zwave exclude and excluded them. The logs showed what looked like a MAC address for the title of the object and said "excluded unknown device". Then I did a factory reset on the device. Then re-included them. I did have to do a force remove from the device page in HE because that never went away. Then I copied out the zwave devices from the zwave device page into a spreadsheet. Then shut down HE and took the stick to zensys. The list now matches. As do the devices match. Re-setup my automations.

If I could swear on here I would....MUCH MUCH MUCH faster zwave. Turning on my 5 christmas lights is now like butter...compared to the 15 seconds it would take before. I'm VERY happy things are looking better. I'm going to perform a zwave repair...maybe a couple and let the system settle down after that.

My fear is how would someone find these issues? How did they happen? If I hadn't gone down the road with zensys...I'd still be thinking this HE hub sucked (sorry). There HAS to be a better way of knowing the health of your zwave network...or at least narrowing down the issue to that. I don't remember having any issues pairing these devices initially.

While I'm happy...I'd like to be able to help others get here too that are having problems.