Z-Wave Generic Drapes no longer working after latest upgrade

my generic Z-Wave drapes have been working fine since I purchased in 2018...
however, was running on 2.123 for a a few weeks and out of the blue they are no longer responsive. I've since upgraded lately to latest Hubitat firmware which did not fix the issue.

I have two drape controllers, one for sheer and one for blackout. I've gotten to the point where I tried to remove and re-add the sheer one, but now Im stuck at Start Z-Wave Inclusion.

It just says "Found a Z-Wave device, initlizing..." and time runs out. Very sad as my drapes are automatically drawn back during mornings and closed during evenings.

Any help would be greatly appreciated!

You have one ghost, or a device that fell off the network for some reason (0x0C). Unplugged maybe? That could be interfering with things and should be resolved before doing much more.

What brand/model is that first device in your mesh? Why is it paired S0?

You have very few devices, I am surprised that you had a stable network in the first place. Typically it takes about 2-3 times that many devices to have a stable mesh. I would advise more line-powered devices or dedicated repeaters to strengthen the mesh. The locks don't repeat, so you really only have maybe 4-5 devices to form a mesh network.

This recent thread from about here on might help to give some insight to a similar situation as yours.

1 Like

Oddly enough, the next day, my Z-Wave devices started working again. I even re-paired the ghost device and everything is back to normal.

Not sure what was causing my Z-Wave network to crap out... but I dont have many because I try stay within Zigbee due to the ease of use/troubleshoot.

Thanks anyways for your reponse!

This is probably the issue. Lack of repeaters in good locations (sure mains based stuff are repeaters but a lot of them are in metal boxes cutting down on signal)

1 Like