Z-wave Devices not controlling

I upgraded to 2.2.4.156. Now nothing in my home works except my zigbee devices.

If I turn anything on or off in hubitat nothing happens but it shows the change on the device. Alexa nor Google can control either.

I tested with google as well and I have the same issue. If you look in your logs are you still getting reports from the devices? Very strange that the devices are communicating with the hub but not getting commands from the hub.

I will check when I get back home. The weird part is that I reverted to the previous version thinking that would undo some sort of error. But it did not.

There must have been two updates today because I updated to .153 this morning and now I realize there is a .156

I am updating to .156 now to see if it makes any difference, but judging from what you are saying I doubt it will.

I wasn't aware of the other update. Maybe I will roll further back and see what happens.

I spent the past day writing a rather complex motion lighting rule. Finally got it working, and celebrated with a nice BBQ. Updated the hubitat and everything is now offline. Now the celebration is over. Hahahaha

Haha, very unfortunate. Yeah just updated to .156 and still no control. I'll try leaving it unplugged for 5 minutes again..

It isn't showing anything happen in the logs. I went back even further in the firmware and it still isn't working. I am very puzzled now.

1 Like

Interesting, and just a quick update from my end. @danabw stated in This Post that a reboot is necessary after the .156 update but that did not fix my issue. I am now trying a hard reboot (unplug for 5 minutes). I'll report back shortly.

I rebooted several times as well to no avail. Doing a hard reboot also right now.

Hard reset did it for me. Going to try the update one more time and hope for the best.

You want to be careful bandying about the term "hard reset". I know, lol.

1 Like

a hard reboot (not reset) fixed it for me as well. So if anyone stumbles unpon this thread with the same issue here were my steps:

1. Update to .156
  2. So a software reboot (from the settings)
  3. Once booted up. Do a software shutdown
  4. Once shutdown unplug the power and ethernet for 5 minutes
  5. Plug all back in
1 Like

Well sad to reply that this worked for about 3 commands and then everything went back to not working :confused:

1 Like

Why would you need to unplug the Ethernet?

oh no particular reason, that's just what I did. Probably don't need to.

Another hard reboot fixed it (again). This time I'm just going to go to bed before it breaks again... lol

Good idea to let it sit and work out routing issues if it can.

And to clarify, the release notes on .156 say that a reboot may be required after the update. So I didn't say it, Hubitat did. :wink:

I had similar problems. I broke stuff with .153 and didn't notice it until .156. Here's what I finally did... I downgraded to 2.2.4.148 and restored the database from a backup done under that version. I had almost everything come back ok with the exception of 2 zwave devices I ended up just re-including. Got everything running again, did backups, etc., and then upgraded straight to 2.2.4.156. That seems to have worked. But oh boy what a hassle.

Alright well I guess this still isn't solved... everything worked fine for about a day and now I am back to uncontrollable devices.

@jeffreyrdubois Maybe Brad's process is something worth trying.