Z-Wave Device States Do Not Update

I have just started setting up my Hubitat and have connected 3 Fibaro RGBW controllers to it. On the devices page I see "Current State" and "State Variables". No matter what commands I run from the devices page these values never change (browser refresh does not help).
For example if type in a value of 100 in the "Set Green Level" box and then click the button my device responds by maxing out the power of the green channel but none of these state values ever change. This is problematic since if I turn the device off and then back on it seems to default to the values listed in these state variables and any changes i have made, such as changing the green value, are reverted.
I feel like I am missing something fundamental here. Any help would be appreciated.

It will help if you can fill in a couple blanks.

• This is happening to all 3 your Fibaro?

• What is their model number?

• Which driver did you use (device type selection)?

• Could you describe approximately how many line powered (not battery) Zwave devices you have?

• Any Zwave repeaters?

Thanks for the response. Answers inline.

• This is happening to all 3 your Fibaro?
    Yes, through the state values for each of them are different.

• What is their model number?
    FGRGBWM-441

• Which driver did you use (device type selection)?
    Fibaro RGBW Controller

• Could you describe approximately how many line powered (not battery) Zwave devices you have?
    Only these 3 controllers on the Hubitat. I have many other devices on a smartthings controller but I wanted become familiar with the Hubitat environment before bringing them over. These 3 devices were properly excluded from their previous controller.

• Any Zwave repeaters?
    No.

So you have a few things going on.

You have another device in the home with Zwave that is possibly or probably interfering with Hubitat.

You have a Zwave, and not a Zwave Plus device. These do not send their state to the hub reliably, if at all. The Zwave poll app (built-in app) can mitigate this, however overuse of this app can significantly affect hub processing load if overused. You might be OK with 3 devices though.

Your mesh is very bad with only 3 devices. You probably have not even done a Zwave repair since adding these devices. See below for how to build out the mesh:

https://docs.hubitat.com/index.php?title=How_to_Build_a_Solid_Z-Wave_Mesh

Thanks for the reply. Here are some additional details.
This particular network has been setup explicitly for testing. The 3 fibaro controllers are in close proximity to each other and the Hubitat. I have never observed the devices fail to respond to an on/off command from the hub. Additionally whenever I send a command I see the 'Last Sent' and 'Last Received' columns update on the Z-Wave Radio Devices page for the device in question (Received is generally a few seconds after the last Sent time).
I followed the instructions you recommended. No change in behavior has been observed.
I also cannot figure out the Hubitat logs. For instance the following block occurs in the log:

dev:22020-05-20 07:41:59.357 pm infoMaster Suite Bookshelf Lights North color is Blue
dev:22020-05-20 07:41:59.349 pm infoMaster Suite Bookshelf Lights North saturation is 100%
dev:22020-05-20 07:41:59.316 pm infoMaster Suite Bookshelf Lights North hue is 66%
dev:22020-05-20 07:41:59.307 pm infoMaster Suite Bookshelf Lights North, colorMode is RGB
dev:22020-05-20 07:41:59.304 pm infoMaster Suite Bookshelf Lights North is 74%
dev:22020-05-20 07:41:59.300 pm infoMaster Suite Bookshelf Lights North is on

This block is recorded in the log each time I turn on one of the fibaros (Master Suite Bookshelf Lights North in this case). There is however no corresponding log of the device being turned off nor is there a log entry for executing any of the color setting commands.
Lastly I should mentioned I have used these same fibaro controllers with both SmartThings and Home Assistant (on a Raspberry Pi with a Z-Wave stick) controllers in the past and have never encountered an issue with these controllers.

Any further ideas?

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.