Z-Wave and Zigbee repeaters

Appreciate any suggestions. Did a quick search of repeaters in the topics but i don't recall seeing anything definitive ( maybe there isn't)
My setup includes

• 3 quick set locks ( uncertain if wave or zigbee)
  • somewhere near 15 switches / dimmers ( all Iris...rather GE)
  • 2 of the Iris in wall outlets
  • about 4 Gen 1 iris door sensors ( thank you to who ever wrote the code so these work on Hubitat)
  • 3 iris Gen 1 motion sensors ( thanks again.....i reconnected them to HE last week)
  • 2 garage door controllers ( Iris...but certain they are go control)
  • 2 sets of Phillips Hue RGBW strip lights)

Hub is in the corner of the house ( my office)
furthest device inside the home is probably 50 feet away.

With my IRIS system i had to install a few outlet repeaters around the house. Had their tech support diagnose my system, I seem to recall the 1st gen of IRIS had a signal strength feature, and ultimately the repeaters worked great as my system rarely failed to execute a command.

I find a couple of areas struggle now.

• I have a command to turn on a light when the locks are open. One lock is inconsistent in getting the light to come on
  • I have one of the outlets outside my home connected to lighting....i haven't be able to get it to pair.

the questions i have are:

• are there any good repeaters that i can buy?
  • can i just buy another Habitat hub and use it as a repeater?
  • are those outlet plugs from IRIS that were used as repeaters zigbee or wave and does hubitat use them as a repeater in the same way iris did.

Appreciate any help. I love this stuff and if i want to keep improving my setup........but i can't have my wife questioning when things done work or the investment becomes challenged:)

On 2 other notes...bought a Konnected IO alarm system last week...waiting for it to arrive!

And - anyone know if there is a color palette app for RGBW lights or does everything have to be set from a numerical value ( bought
a Giderwel RGBW controller yesterday ...should have it today ) and im excited to see if it works.

Appreciate all the replies and the community you guys have set up.
Cheers
Mac

As far as I know all iris devices are zigbee. The iris v1 are more of a priority zigbee signal.

Adding another hub wouldn’t act as a repeater. I would think with all those switch plugs you would have enough coverage.

You can run zigbee logging to check the signal strength. I would aim to have below -75 to have a good signal. Better if you can get -60’s or below.

Yes, the v2 Iris 3210-L outlets are Zigbee controlled devices, but also have a Z-Wave Plus repeater built into them. On Hubitat, the Zigbee and Z-Wave portions of these outlets must be paired independently of each other. Search the forum and you’ll find some threads discussing this procedure.

I appreciate that.....will reset one and try to pair on both formats
Thanks

can't find those threads...if you happen to know how to do this id appreciate it
Thanks
mac

That worked great - thank you.
For anyone looking:

• Reset the device: unplug at least 10 sec, depress button, plug in, release button when blue light comes on
  • Pair Zigbee, name, test...etc
  • Unplug, let sit 10 sec, plug in
  • Start Z Wave inclusion
  • Press the button a dozen times quickly
  • System paired up - name accordingly.

Cheers

1 Like

Awesome! Hope the extra repeaters strengthen your mesh networks and helps with your lock issue.