Z-Wave - all on/off command supported?

@mike.maxwell thanks for jumping in on this thread. I'm sure you're busy so your messages here are appreciated. Hopwefully a couple final questions and then I'll be off on my way and not bug anybody here.

1. Is the Hubitat source open source such that I can go in find the ZWave current classes myself somewhere?
  2. If not, what the recommended way for a device developer to find out what APIs and classes are available for a specific HE release?
  3. Can I expect that the ST Classic APIs are available in HE? Specifically should I look here for more docs:
    https://graph.api.smartthings.com/ide/doc/zwave-utils.html
    https://graph.api.smartthings.com/ide/documentation

Thanks again for your time. I realize these may be newbie questions. I develop systems and APIs for a living so taking my confusion could be a good way to improve the experience for the next software engineer joining Hubitat. :wink:

No

Look in the published docs, if not there ask Mike. He will then usually add it to the docs.

Odd question / way to ask it, so I'll answer it a different way. No, you can't - this is not ST. However, pretty much all zwave commands are supported. I would go so far as to say 100% of the commonly used ones and most of the oddball/rarely used ones too, but not all.

Which VERSION of the command is supported may differ from ST, too. And sometimes the differences matter.

OK I'll back off since I'm obviously rubbing you the wrong way. If course I don't think this is ST.

Just looking for docs. Can't find much on Z-wave. Realized that HE looked very similar to ST that has much more docs in this area and people are porting device drivers from ST to HE easily.
Wondered if I could just look there since it takes time to create docs.

A little sad about the tone so I'll just back off and chill.

You aren't annoying me in the least, and I wasn't trying to be abrasive - sorry if it came across as such. I was just trying to answer the question. I guess I was thinking/typing out loud too much.

No issues at all on my end. :+1: Keep asking away, they are great questions.

You've seen all the docs at this point. No, there isn't much documentation in HE when it comes to the protocols. I typically start with the ST docs, try it, and then change as needed if the supported command version is different, or if I know an HE implementation is very different than ST (like it is for buttons/button presses).

That said, it is often very easy to port many ST handlers to HE. There are a couple threads that have a known list of things that have to be changed/are different in HE. These are good starting points/reads: