You know you’re addicted to HE and home automation when

...you walk into a dark room, and immediately check your hub(s) for problems without noticing that the house's power is out! :wink:

12 Likes

thats awesome!
:clap: :+1:

2 Likes

....you have designed a rule using enough devices from different hubs, interfaces, and protocols (wifi, zwave, zigbee, cloud), so that if it works, it means everything is running smoothly, without the need to check a browser.

And you trigger it first thing in the morning.....just to check.

1 Like

Pushover is in my apps now and already in use. Just gotta get the wife to download it so I can annoy her

5 Likes

That's when you add one of the ring range extenders that have power state detection, so the house can tell you the power is out :wink:

5 Likes

Or if you an a Level 2 addict, you make your own.

7 Likes

My friend you have just entered nirvana. Remember-
"You'll never work a day in your life, if you love what you do"
I've been blessed to be able to switch careers, midlife, into IT, and I'm honestly excited to start work everyday.
Congrats !

6 Likes

...when you receive an email from Inovelli saying that your Project Hurricane pre-order has just shipped...and your WAF and dog are startled by the shout of YEEESSSSS!!!

I may have the HA "holy grail" in my hands by this weekend, USPS willing. Time to shop for a new ceiling fan or four..... :blush:

1 Like

Congratulations... I know a lot of people are eager to hear about that device. Please post a review once you've had some time to experiment with it.

4 Likes

...your stash of spare/extra "good deal" purchases has gotten to the point you need to devote a shelf to organizing them. :nerd_face:

7 Likes

Yeah,,,no competing with this...that's next level stuff.....

3 Likes

Let me know when you need the extra shelf space. I'd be happy to help you clear it out. :wink:

1 Like

Sadly, my addiction aside from a couple recent drivers I've written has been all about stabilizing what I have and obsessing about motion lighting speeds. To be quite honest, driving me absolutely nuts! :slight_smile: This goes hand in hand with my OCD which I think I may have. :slight_smile:

1 Like

Yeah I have 38 devices attached to my hub for 'testing' waiting for a purpose... Mostly for my next big project but wanted to get them and some rules built out for testing. But because they are in a box waiting for that they all have generic names.. like door sensor 1, 2 ect... I got tired of figuring out which one was what when I went to do testing, that I bought little vinyl numbers to label them all, lmao.

when you get a hold of a Lego Mindstorm EV3 and the first thing you think of is 'How do I integrate this with HE?...'

Well that works via IR... so you could try something like a broadlink IR blaster... learn the codes.. and intergrate that with HE..... lol.

When you stay up way too late to make this work on your custom dashboard....

no speech/sound

speech/sound

And then you decide that was way, way too easy and what you really need to add is this (not that anyone would ever be able to see it but at least your OCD is fully satiated at last)...

(you will have to look real close :rofl: :rofl: :rofl:)

When you have a Google nest mini sitting next to an Amazon echo dot, and you use TTS to make one ask the other a question so you don't have to talk..

Got the biggest eyeroll from the wife doing that one...

5 Likes

Ha! I use that trick to have GH command Alexa things that can’t be done with automations or routines!

1 Like