Yoolax ZigBee Motorized Window Shade - TS0301

I was wondering if anyone could help.
I have a Hubitat C8 Pro running platform version: 2.3.8.140.
I recently purchased 3 Yoolax motorized ZigBee window shades.

I was able to pair them to the HE with no issues. Once paired, the only drivers I have had success with are the "System" "Generic ZigBee Shade" and the

hubitat/YoolaxWindowBlinds.groovy

Both of which afford me "Open", "Close" and "Pause" functionality. No battery level info. Incorrect Position and level. They basically report the below regardless of actual state.

Current States

• battery : 0
  • checkInterval : 7320
  • deviceLevel : 50
  • lastCheckin : 2024 May 18 Sat 12:42:10 PM
  • level : 10
  • position : 50
  • windowShade : partially open

I have them working with my voice assistant using RM and virtual switches. For close I have a routine in the voice assistant with a "wait" to then execute the "Pause" since the HE driver doesn't obtain position and therefor wouldn't know when to stop". Open is a non-issue in that regard.

The Yoolax driver I imported is expecting:
fingerprint deviceJoinName: "Yoolax Motorized Window Blinds", model: "D10110", profileId: "0104", endpointId: 01, inClusters: "0000,0001,0003,0004,0005,0020,0102", outClusters: "0003,0019", manufacturer: "yooksmart"

My paired Yoolax blinds show in device info (all 3):
fingerprint profileId: "0104", inClusters: "0000,0004,0001,0005,EF00,0003,0102", outClusters: "0019,000A", model: "TS0301", manufacturer: "_TZE200_jhhskent"

I attempted simply adding the fingerprint of my devices in to the custom device driver, with no luck.

Any direction would be greatly appreciated. I have seen posts regarding other Yoolax shades with different model and manufacturer. But I haven't seen a resoulution to the iteration that is my shades.

I did see someone using a different automation platfrom use a short bit of code to convert the discovered "TS0301" to the expected "D10110". Not sure if that is possible on the HE or if it was, if it would resolve my issue. These things are hanging 16' in the air, so knowing their battery % would be helpful. Positioning and the ability to set limits would be ok as well.

AB

I was able to correct most of my issues.

I missed a crucial step by not setting my motor limits for “Upper” and “Lower”.

Once I set those limits with the remote that came with the shades (which also needs to be paired with the shades), I repaired them to the Hubitat. I did NOT (and you don’t need to, shouldn’t) remove the devices from HE. Once rediscovered, they now see all proper positions they also properly respond to ALL commands via my voice assistant (open, close, pause (stop position move), open/close percentage).

I am using the built-in system driver “Yolax Zigbee shade”.

There is still no battery information. This is my only outstanding issue. Any firewood insight would be appreciated.

I did also discover my motor model is “Z425”.

1 Like

Not sure what the heck I typed to have “firewood” as the auto-correct but, you can ignore that one word. Ha

oh my god--thank you. The explicit setting of motor limits for "Upper" and "Lower" is what I have been missing--thank you. After factory resetting my Yoolax shades, I lost control and state reporting when adding them back to Hubitat. But when I set them up after reset, I noticed that I could set upper and lower limits using the remote's up/down and the heart button by using just half of the process, so I took the shortcut:

• press and hold up/down and heart for 2s
  • shade jogs 2x

I did this and the limits were saved, but it turns out that the entire process must be followed in order for the Hubitat to receive position information and control the shade:

• press and hold up/down and heart for 6s
    • shade jogs 1x
  • move to new top limit position
  • press and hold up/down and heart for 2s
    • shade jogs 2x

In order for the shade to be in a state that allowed me to use the whole process, I had to leave the shade alone for some unknown time until a timeout happened, and then return to it for the entire process to work.

Where did you find the driver you mention?
hubitat/YoolaxWindowBlinds.groovy
I am a total newbie not a computer programmer or engineer so any step by step instructions are very helpful.
The generic zigbee Shade controller connects to the devices but they do not respond to any of the commands once installed (open/Close) etc.
This is from the advanced part of the device its all greek to me at this point.

• endpointId: 01
  • application:
  • firmwareMT: 1049-0075-11006780
  • manufacturer: yooksmart
  • model: D10110
  • softwareBuild: 11006780

Try to pair the device once again to your hub.

Also, have you setup the upper and the lower limits as described in the post above ?

Thanks for the reply.
I have tried several times to delete and reconnect the shades to Hubitat. Always the same out come. they do not respond. The work with the remote so the battery is charged, and I did set the upper a lower limits as well.
These blinds will pair with and work with Smartthings no problem but I want to move off that platform. Any further advice?

If you enable the Debug logging in the driver preferences and then open/close the window shade using its remote, do you see anything in the live logs?

Another fun thing I have noticed is that the blinds occasionally lose track of state (open, close,%). I created a RuleMachine task to "Refresh" the shade devices after a hub reboot and 6am daily. This doesn't seemed to have provided the benefit I had hoped.

Also, batterly level is still not displayed using the built-in "Yolax Zigbee Shade".

Does the documentation mention ‘Smart Life’?

If yes - then the fastest way to bring the Yolax to HE will be via Tuya Matter Gateway .

The Tuya devices typically can not be refreshed, they send reports whenever they decide.. :slightly_frowning_face: