Yale YRD226 lock battery reporting error

I have a new Yale lock up and running. It is using the default "Yale Zigbee Lock" driver. The only problem I've run into (so far) is it is reporting the battery at "200%". It shows up this way under Status, Events, and on the Dashboard tile.

Any ideas?

I noticed your title was edited (may not have been you, it' been done to me). However it does not seem to fit the topic. You may want to adjust it.

Have you tried pulling the batteries, and putting them back in? or another set? Just some thoughts, heck maybe you got really good batteries! :laughing:

2 Likes

I have the exact same issue on one of my Yale locks, but not the other:

The lock with the issue is a " YRL226 TS".

The lock that correctly reports battery life is a "YRD256 TSDB".

1 Like

Does it every change or is it perpetually 200%? Yale can't/won't fix it?

@aaiyar, mine is a " YRD226 TSDB". I chose this lock because I saw you had two of them :grinning:

1 Like

@TechMedX, Brand new lock, brand new batteries. I tried taking them all (4) out (in case it was it was two banks of two in parallel), it didn't help. Stock batteries, I'm lucky they weren't at 50%.

1 Like

I'm not sure who entered the title "cloud dashboards," but since this thread seems to be about a yale lock and its battery reporting, I just changed the title to reflect that :slight_smile:.

3 Likes

Mines gone down in 6 months to 194%.

1 Like

Outside of the battery reporting issue on the 226, theyโ€™ve been very reliable.

1 Like

I really like it so far. The lock itself was very easy to install and setup. If you come up with a fix or workaround please let me know. I have this on my Android Headunit and I'm sure passengers will ask about the percentage oddity.

1 Like

@mike.maxwell

Wondered if you had any insight on this. I have a YRL226, and @John.Herron has a YRD226, both zigbee, that report a battery life that is approximately twice what it really is.

I have a YRD256, also zigbee, which doesnโ€™t have this issue.

All the locks are using the Yale Zigbee Lock driver.

Thanks!

1 Like

You mean when fresh they start off at 200%?

Yup. After six months, mine is down to 194% (device page). The voltage on each cell reads about 1.53-1.55V (voltmeter).

1 Like

I'll have a look and see if there's a way to sort this without having to code in the model numbers...

3 Likes

OK, I'll need the specific model numbers (from the data section in the driver) for the locks that are over reporting battery to fix this...

2 Likes
  • endpointId: 01
  • application: FF
  • model: YRL226 TS
  • manufacturer: Yale

@John.Herron - could you post the same for yours?

2 Likes

Here is mine.

3 Likes

I have the same problem, mine is:

• endpointId: 01
  • application: 02
  • model: YRD226L TSDB
  • manufacturer: Yale
1 Like

Tagging @mike.maxwell

Perhaps Yale changed a model number? YRD226 -> YRD226L?

1 Like

Yeah, that would do it, this will be updated in 2.2.4.

2 Likes