Yale Master vs Position Code

For Yale locks, specifically, YRL216 Zwave, when you first activate the lock, you are required to put in a Master Code, is this code stored in Position 1, or which I'm assuming is stored in a special place, beyond a Position Code so to never expose it. I had a Yale first-level support person say, it's stored in Position 1, but if I assign Position 1 a code, it clearly displays to me, but the Master Code isn't displayed.

The reason for my asking is that we want to assign a code to Position 1 from within a database that we are maintaining.

Any input from any of you Yale masters out there!?

TIA,
Charlie

If you assign a new code to position 1 does it work from the lock? If so then you can use position 1

Thanks. I tried, and yes it takes it. I just had some weird things happen with one of the Yale that generated odd positions for lock codes, I thought maybe that position 1 might be reserved, which could cause issues, thus my checking here.

I have two Yale locks and they both do not display the Master Code.

The Master Code is in position 251 which is one beyond the 250 code limit. LastCodeName will have "unknown codeNumber: 251" or something similar. I special case it and report "Unlocked by Master Code"

1 Like