Yale Lock YRD110

An existing house with an existing Yale YRD110 Lock. I can’t tell if it’s Z-Wave, Zigbee or WiFi. I looked it up on the web, and in one place it said Z-wave only, and in another place it said Zigbee.

I did a reset, and tried to pair it as a z-wave, but no luck pairing. Then I tried a Zigbee pairing that also failed. Could it be Wi-Fi? Is wifi a thing with locks?

I would like to know for sure what kind of radio it has, so we can get it paired.

The radio is a module.. It could be anything.. Open it up and see the model number on the module.

1 Like

By default, these locks came with no module at all. So, it could just have been used as a keypad lock (as opposed to a smart lock).

FWIW, the available modules were zigbee, zwave, and bluetooth. They also sold a Bluetooth to WiFi bridge.

Is this what your lock looks like under the cover, just sort of a smooth rounded section at the top?
Does it have the antenna button and are you able to get the Reset beep from it?
If it does beep then it might be Z-Wave, but really old Z-Wave.
If it is, then you'll probably need to get the lock very close to the hub for it to pair.

Yale YRD110 B1L Z-Wave pic

1 Like

Thank you @Ranchitat!

That’s the one and it’s working now.

1 Like

This topic was automatically closed 365 days after the last reply. New replies are no longer allowed.