Yale Assure Lock 2 Z-Wave now shipping

No Zigbee..

That is correct.
I confirmed with Yale Support that the new Assure 2 Z-wave (linked in the first post) includes both Bluetooth and the new Z-wave plus module. I also confirmed this means you can use the auto unlock feature enabled with Yale App and Bluetooth.

1 Like

Booo. Shame that is their practice and we're stuck with 500 series chips. I really want an 700/800 to be able to try S2 and maybe get slightly better reliability.

Just got my Assure 2 with Z-wave module and installed itā€¦physically. Bluetooth works and including it in HomeKit was seemless (making this lock officially my first interaction with the Apple smarthome ecosystem). i can confirm it shipped with a module bearing a sticker that says Model YRWZW2-US and the Z-Wave Plus logo.
But the good news is theyā€™re shipping, and currently in-stock at Amazon (mind, I had to get the keyed version).

By the way, Iā€™m having a heck of a time getting this lock to respond in HE. FWIW, it replaced an Ultraloq U-bolt Pro w/ Z-wave. It is included in HE, ā€œenrolledā€ in the Yale app, shows up in the Device list as generic Z-wave lock named Front Door, and on the recently added Lock Code Manager as Front Door. But when I send a lock or unlock command from the device page nothing happens. And Iā€™m at my wits end with LCM, but thatā€™s a post for another threadā€¦

Kind of in a race against time with regard to the WAFā€¦any suggestions welcome!

I bought the z-wave bundle for a good price, I believe, on amazon (USD$ 191.99 + tx). I should get it by Friday. Hopefully the installation will be easy and everything will work.

Is door sense working for you?

DoorSense works well. I opted for the flush mount method, which required a 5/8' spade bit and another hole im my door jamb, but so far I feel it was well worth it. The only time it has trouble is when the door is closed but not completely. What I like is that it tries - hard - to shove that tapered bolt into the near-missed hole. If it's even close, that tapered bolt shines, connecting with and finding a home. But if not, it will beep several times and stop. It does not, that I can tell, retry repeatedly (like the Ultraloq it replaced) which I prefer. If you give the door a shove and the DoorSense connects, it will re-attempt and succeed. What I wish it would do, and am hoping someone might have already wrote a script for, is some kind of notification when it fails to fully engage the lock.

Keep us informed n your install.

1 Like

I would also like to see that.

Same here. My Assure 2 just arrived. I haven't installed it yet, but it also came with a smart module with the sticker AYR-MOD-ZW2-USA on one side and YRWZW2-US on the other side.

I have to say, overall Iā€™m really happy with it. The Ultraloq it replaced was a technological wonder (supposedly), but for me it was just a pain. The codes didnā€™t always work and the finger print scanner almost always took more than one try (except for the 10 year-old, who has lamented its passing the most). And the door had to be perfectly aligned for the bolt to throw completely. Granted, it was a bare install - I had to drill the holes for the deadbolt using a jig - and Iā€™ll admit it wasnā€™t the cleanest of installs. But this Yale doesnā€™t seem to care - that tapered bolt makes a huge difference.

Iā€™ve yet to get it integrated. HE just isnā€™t as clean as the ST Iā€™m used to from years past when I last dipped my foot in the smart home world. In fact, that lock instal is what prompted me to dive in head first. Codes were easily set right from the ST app, and Alexa made sure the door was locked as we got ready for bed. WAF (or rather GAF) was thru the roof.

This experience has been much less trouble free, and the GAF has suffered (different gf though) as Iā€™ve installed and replaced and recoded several locks to get here.

Now thereā€™s a Yale on the front door and a Kwikset 912 on the back (Yale lever locks seem to be back ordered or discontinued everywhere). Iā€™m not exactly sure the best way to integrate the whole thing with HE. LCM has been difficult for me, canā€™t seem to get more that two users set up (of six). Havenā€™t tried KeyMaster yet. And the native HomeKit integration works great - but only for the front door (which at least is the most used).

Yes, I am most certainly open to suggestions. :grin:

My new Assure 2 is now installed and linked-up with my C8 hub. Lock/unlock seems to be working fine, but I can't see any status information about the DoorSense.

I created a separate thread to ask if that should be working:

Need help on Entering Codes into Assure Lock 2 Z-Wave

I also have just installed the Assure Lock 2 Z-Wave into Hubitat. I can drive the lock from the devices page and Rule Machine 5. So that is encouraging ... it appears to be installed.

I don't see Door Sense being registered in Hubitat. It appears that Door Sense has been disabled during the Z-Wave installation process (it was working using Bluetooth and the Yale app).

I also can't set codes? I tried using Devices settings and the Lock Code Manager ... Using the Lock Code Manager, I see the log registering that it is Requesting Codes. Adding a new user doesn't seem to add a code though.

Can anyone suggest how I should be adding codes.

I installed my lock just now and I was able to add new users by going to the devices page and using the set code option. You need to set the position (I started with 1 for the first user and so on), the code associated to the user and the user name. I noticed a lot of lines in the log's page associated to the lock. It seems to each user added it tries to get all the users associated to the lock (the 250 users positions or so you are able to register) . I waited it to finish this process for each new user added. Hope that helps.

So ... this is my experience. I accept input on areas that I have misinterpreted ...

Entry Codes
I got the User Entry codes to "work" by reverting the App entry method back to the App (not Hubitat Z-Wave control). When the Z-Wave module joined Hubitat, Hubitat took control of user code entry and cleared the user codes. However, the Lock Code Manager does not appear to be able to set user codes on the Yale Assure 2 lock. The LCM request codes button does show the App entered codes in the log ... after a long delay ... the codes appear on the LCM window. On LCM only the code and the position umber is shown ... not the Username ... so not really that useful. LCM entry of new codes is not accepted. Until someone advises me otherwise, I am going to assume that the LCM needs an update, or LCM is not intended for code entry. I'll likely post a request for that LCM update ... or maybe not given rfg81's response indicating that he got the LCM code entry to work. :grinning:

DoorSense ...
After joining the lock to Hubitat/Z-Wave DoorSense did not operate in the App of Hubitat. I recalibrated DoorSense and now it is operational in the App. Joining Z-Wave seemed to make DoorSense non-op. Just the same, I see no indication in Hubitat that DoorSense is detected/reported or the RM can use DoorSense. If someone can advise me of any error in my assessment, please do so, otherwise, I will request an update for DoorSense status reporting too.

Interesting ... I am not sure I want to use the time to go back and test ... As you will see from my follow-up post (#38) I did not have that experience. Just the same ... I will assume that it is my user error.

How does DoorSense look to you?

I'm not using the door sense as my house has an alarm system and I was able to hook to that to know if the door is opened or not. I will avoid making a new hole in the door frame.

I didn't use lcm at all to add the new users. I just went directly at the device 's page to do what I mentioned before. I replaced an old zwave schlage lock. I'm still able to get a push notification on my phone using rule machine when a specific user unlocks the door with the Yale lock as I had previously with the schlage lock.

rfg81 ... Thanks for your response ... and potential solution. This forum is always impressive with respect to the amount of user support.

As per Benjamin, I am moving further DoorSense comments to https://community.hubitat.com/t/doorsense-on-yale-assure-lock-2-z-wave/118820

In response though ... I also have my Konnected Alarm system connected to my Hubitat. My front door is in series with a few other doors ... And although I can (probably) rewire it ... at this time for my (and maybe other's) benefit ... I will "support" Benjamin's thread and see if we can get DoorSense directly into Hubitat.

1 Like

Looking to get the Yale Assure 2 keyed push button Zwave version and still nothing available to ship to Canada. The only option is Amazon.com in the touchscreen version.

Anyone have any leads on when Canada will get some more options?

Looks like Amazon.com and ebay are the only options for purchasing the Zwave module.

Thats not a bad thing. I'm about to replace my keyless version with a keyed version as a redundant back up.

How did you get Doorsense working? I have the Assure 2 with ZWave Module and just got my Hubitat because it wasn't working with Home Assistant and Yale refused to even talk to me. But Home Assistant did pull the doorsense value, although poorly. Hubitat doesn't even show it.