Yale Assure Lock 2 Z-Wave now shipping

Assure Lock 2, Key-Free Touchscreen Lock with Z-Wave, Satin Nickel https://a.co/d/gGec2rh

2 Likes

@bobbyD: Your link is to the older model for the Assure Lock (model AYR202-ZWV-USA).

The Z-Wave module for the Yale Assure Lock 2 (model AYR-MOD-ZW2-USA) is the same price, and available here:
https://shopyalehome.com/collections/accessories/products/yale-z-wave-plus-smart-module-for-assure-locks-yrd450430420410?variant=41397668970628

Like the bundle, the model number for the stand-alone module includes "ZW2" not "ZW3". The page doesn't say anything about Z-Wave 500 vs. 700 vs. 800, so I'm also curious to know what comes in the bundle, or what you get when you order the stand-alone AYR-MOD-ZW2-USA.

1 Like

How did you get the ZW3 modules? Didn't they just become available a few days ago?

Do you know if that Is a 700 or 800 chip? I can’t find it anywhere if it’s one of those.

No, I have no idea. I am checking for other modules from time to time and I remember all have been out of stock for the longest time. Was glad to see the Z-Wave module is back in stock, while the others are still out or not listed yet. :wink:

You've been able to get them off eBay for a few months. They are pulls from contractor installs that got the modules before end consumers.

1 Like

Do you know if you could include it using S2 with zw3? I saw in another thread that the zw2 model would use just S0 but I don't know if it really is true.

Yes, it would pair w/S2. That was the only reason I got the modules, as I dislike S0. ZW2 only does S0.

That said, S0 for a perimeter security device like a lock is usually not really an issue as they have low event rates - so the 3x message penalty of S0 is less impactive.

1 Like

I found this information here:

Do you offer 700 Series Z-Wave Plus?
Our Yale Assure Locks and Levers are available with 700 Series Z-Wave Plus Smart Modules only through select dealers and wholesalers.

We expect to roll this out to retail and ShopYaleHome.com in 2024. For now, you can purchase our 500 Series Z-Wave Plus Smart Modules on ShopYaleHome.com.

I guess they are still working out the kinks.

Is it possible to buy the Yale Assure Lock 2 Touchscreen with Bluetooth and add the Yale Z-Wave Plus Module? I hope to see if I can have the best in both world bluetooth via Apple TV, Z-wave via Habitat

I believe it is. The Bluetooth comes in every device as a standard feature. The modules add the wifi/z-wave /zigbee capability.

Is there a ZigBee variant? Couldn't find it anywhere.

No Zigbee..

That is correct.
I confirmed with Yale Support that the new Assure 2 Z-wave (linked in the first post) includes both Bluetooth and the new Z-wave plus module. I also confirmed this means you can use the auto unlock feature enabled with Yale App and Bluetooth.

1 Like

Booo. Shame that is their practice and we're stuck with 500 series chips. I really want an 700/800 to be able to try S2 and maybe get slightly better reliability.

Just got my Assure 2 with Z-wave module and installed it…physically. Bluetooth works and including it in HomeKit was seemless (making this lock officially my first interaction with the Apple smarthome ecosystem). i can confirm it shipped with a module bearing a sticker that says Model YRWZW2-US and the Z-Wave Plus logo.
But the good news is they’re shipping, and currently in-stock at Amazon (mind, I had to get the keyed version).

By the way, I’m having a heck of a time getting this lock to respond in HE. FWIW, it replaced an Ultraloq U-bolt Pro w/ Z-wave. It is included in HE, “enrolled” in the Yale app, shows up in the Device list as generic Z-wave lock named Front Door, and on the recently added Lock Code Manager as Front Door. But when I send a lock or unlock command from the device page nothing happens. And I’m at my wits end with LCM, but that’s a post for another thread…

Kind of in a race against time with regard to the WAF…any suggestions welcome!

I bought the z-wave bundle for a good price, I believe, on amazon (USD$ 191.99 + tx). I should get it by Friday. Hopefully the installation will be easy and everything will work.

Is door sense working for you?

DoorSense works well. I opted for the flush mount method, which required a 5/8' spade bit and another hole im my door jamb, but so far I feel it was well worth it. The only time it has trouble is when the door is closed but not completely. What I like is that it tries - hard - to shove that tapered bolt into the near-missed hole. If it's even close, that tapered bolt shines, connecting with and finding a home. But if not, it will beep several times and stop. It does not, that I can tell, retry repeatedly (like the Ultraloq it replaced) which I prefer. If you give the door a shove and the DoorSense connects, it will re-attempt and succeed. What I wish it would do, and am hoping someone might have already wrote a script for, is some kind of notification when it fails to fully engage the lock.

Keep us informed n your install.

1 Like

I would also like to see that.