Yagusmart Zigbee Light Switches

I've recently got one of the UK Single Gang Yagusmart Zigbee light switches (no neutral). Very pleased with it, simple to set up and use with the generic driver.

Q1: Does anyone know if it supports button like functions, i.e. long press and double tap? If so, has anyone tried updating the driver to handle it?

Q2: Am going to get a few of the 2-Gang version. Has anyone successfully used them in a 2-way switch arrangement (top/bottom of stair-case arrangement)?

I bought them via Amazon and the support I've had from Yagu themselves has been great. The first one I bought failed almost straight away and they sent me a replacement without quibble.

Cheers.
Steve.

HI,
I'm not familiar with the Yagu switches. But just so you know, here in the USA we call that a 3-way switch, based on the number of wires that must go between two dumb switches.

I personally think 2-Way is a better term. I also like (and use) the UK term "mains". One word and communicates exactly what I am referring to.

Having said that, is there any indication the Yagu switches support Zigbee groups and groupcasting? I think the ideal case for a UK 2-Way would be any number of switches grouped to the the bulb to be controlled. Just so you know, I've never had occasion to work with Zigbee groups so I can't be of much help there.

John (from US)

My whole house has these (single and double) I didn't want to mess with the wiring too much so had a battery one at the top of the stairs in place of a wired one. I am pretty sure they don't act as a button because the switching is instant and holding them puts them into pairing mode.
Awaiting a three gang one for the outdoor summerhouse.

@JohnRob : Good point on the 3-way vs 2-way. I guess my excuse is that I'm not an electrician! Hopefully people will let me off...

Hmm. I will look in to Zigbee Groups. Thank you for that suggestion.

@AverageJoe90: Ah, I will look at finding a battery-powered one. I'd not seen that. Also good point re holding putting them in to pairing mode. I have heard that it's possible to use a 2-gang switch with only one actual light with the second switch controlling a bed-side lamp or similar. Is that something you've tried?

Cheers both.
Steve.

Yep what you have described is possible as long as one of them is linked to a light and just create a mirroring rule to control another light or thing. One of them needs to create a circuit is all.

I cheated and used an old Aqara battery switch (looks like the Yagusmart wired ones) Aqara have a bad rep for falling off the network but this one has been solid for over two years now.

@JohnRob what driver did you use for these? for some reason mine turn off after 2 minutes. I've tried the Generic and the Aurora Switch's, both the same :face_with_raised_eyebrow:

I've been using the Generic Zigbee Switch driver and it's been rock solid for the past few months.

I have a 3 gang switch. Only one of the switches controls a physical dumb bulb, one controls a pair of table lamps fitted with Innr bulbs and the third switches a Hue Go. I also have a Hue dimmer to control the table lamps, so I use the Mirror app to keep the switch in sync with the lamps. All works really well. Looking to get some more!

Looks like I have a a faulty one then! no worries, they're pretty good at sending you new ones!

Completely agree. I bought one as an experiment and it failed the first time I wired it in. Had a chat with them on Amazon, explained the situation and after a bit of a discussion they agreed to the return and supplied a replacement. Really good customer support in my view.

Yeh, it was me haha! i removed it completely from the system and it was fine, popped it back on and it's still fine...

i did make sure to do this test before mailing them! :blush:

@AverageJoe90. You mentioned you've got some double gangs switches. Would you share the driver you're using for the double gang?

I've just installed a double gang switch and used the Generic Zigbee Switch driver. It works, and the two physical switches turn on/off the relevant lights, but in the Hubitat portal I can only turn off/on one of the lights. This has to be a driver/config issue?

Any thoughts, gratefully received.

Select ‘Generic Zigbee Multi-Endpoint Switch’ then press configure and go back to devices. It should now show a parent and two child devices :+1: hope this helps

BINGO!!! Thanks @AverageJoe90. Marvellous stuff. Really appreciate the speedy response.

1 Like

No worries, glad I was able to help :blush:

Hi, just saw this. I have a 3 gang which works fine manually pressing, but with hubitat each individual endpoint changing status causes all endpoints to change. Did you have this at all, and if so, how did you fix it? Only an issue with 3 gang, my 1 and 2 bangs work great. Thanks :+1:

I just used the Generic Zigbee Multi-endpoint Switch driver, and it all worked “out of the box”.

Ah right, thanks for replying. I must have a couple of dodgey ones, I'll contact them and see if I can exchange. Thanks for that :+1: