Xiaomi question

those things are in $16 US shipping included!

Thanks

9.49€ from Aliexpresa with free shipping. Took them 2 weeks to arrive.

https://s.click.aliexpress.com/e/c75HtHW

1 Like

I ordered from GearBest... $9.99, but from China.

I ordered one a few weeks back. Works great. Just need the time to install an Insteon Mico ON/OFF module and this will work in concert with my existing fan timer. So if someone doesn't turn the fan on and the humidity rises above the household average, it will turn on automatically. Yet if they simply want to press the timer, it will still turn same as everyone is already used to.

1 Like

This is exactly what I want to do.

I plan to use either @Cobra 's Super Smart Fan or @napalmcsr 's Smart Humidity Fan, or RM. Not sure which yet. I think Smart Humidity Fan looks for upper and lower limits for ON and OFF, but I want a set level rise above average Humidity and then a timed cycle to OFF which is what Andy's does.

1 Like

Smart Humidity Fan looks for a set table increase in humidity between readings and turns the fan on. It turns the fan off when the humidity goes below a set table threshold between the starting humidity and the highest humidity since the Fan was on.
It can also turn the fan on if the humidity goes above a certain level.

1 Like

I got my Aqara humidity sensors today, paired, 2 hours later..... no response.....

So, any other suggestions for humidity sensors?

Because I will not change my whole setup because those Aqara are junk.

Thanks.

I'm moving 30 Xiaomi sensors this weekend. They have been Rock solid in ST.
Lets see how they perform in HE.

I might risk that the problems might not be the sensors.
At least I hope not

Do you have Iris plugs on your setup with the Xiaomis?

I can believe my mesh has been perfect but now with those Xiaomis doesn't work...

Now IKEA outlets

My sensors aren't here yet from China, but my Ikea tradfri outlets (that can repeat Xiaomi) get here tomorrow. :slight_smile:

If I install 1 ikea plug in the bathroom where the aqara is located, it will work or probably will get unresponsive anyway? It will be like 3 ft in line of sight

I had the iris plugs with my setup. I had nothing but issues with the Xiaomi devices when I installed those plugs. I pulled them and replaced them with sylvania and its been much better. Ordered a few ikea as well to try out but reports say the ikea outlets are probably your best bet.

Those ikea outlets, they have a button to physically turn on and off?

I don't have one in front of me, but I think they do NOT have a button for ON/OFF.

They do not

This is a difficult questions to answer. Short answer is I would assume if you re-pair the Xiaomi in very close distance to the ikea plug, the xiaomi should not drop its connection.

If you have mesh with mixed Xiaomi "compatible" and "non compatible" router, this where thing become tricky. Most of the time, a zigbee battery powered end device is very sticky to its parent. This is because it want to save its battery. It would not looking for new parent until there is an issue. In short term, the xiaomi will not have any issue.

In long term, you may see issue only if your ikea plug lost power or had some network issue. Then, all its children (for now, I assume it is one of your Xiaomi) will look for a new parent which may not be compatible with it. At that point, you will see these Xiaomi devices drop out of your network.

I hope this help.

Thanks, well, I just did one sensor the repair, the hub is about 6ft away of the sensor but I have an iris plug about 10ft too.... let see how it respond as I did the repair at 1ft from the hub.

To @mike.maxwell

Can I know where the device is connected(repeater) with the zigbee logs?

I have a Xbee but when I turn it on some devices change the route through it, and I would like to see the original route. Thanks