XHK1-UE keypad - Soooooo close, but beeps with arm night mode [digital]

Do you have HSM set up with an Arming delay for Armed Night? Can you show your setup for HSM?

Here's my config

And you're sure you have the keypad set up to arm night and not arm home?

Only config I've done is the discovery and setting it as a Centralite.

Arm Home and Away totally behave on HSM and the keypad. It's just Arm Night. Happens even if you send the Arm Night command from the keypad device screen.

I just added a XHK1-UE keypad and last night it did this as well. The keypad beeped until the spouse took the batteries out of it.

Have you done any other troubleshooting? I haven't tried anything else today yet.

I haven’t made it any further. You can make it stop beeping by 1) arming before your preset HSM time or 2) disarm, then rearm with keypad.

Let me know if you figure out other ways to prevent the beeping.

Bump - Admins - any ideas?

I have the same issue.. but I also cant get it to do anything but tell me the temp and beep sometimes

OMG I have the same problem too. I can't find solution for this. Very frustrating.

Just got my keypad yesterday and was a breeze to add but, also have this problem. Has no one found a solution yet?

I use the Centralitex driver from here for my UEI keypad and don't have this issue. I also use the nyckelharpa app here too.

I am not sure if the centralitex driver works without the nyckelharpa app but, either way, you may want to try Nyckelharpa too. It adds some missing features to HSM.

4 Likes

It does not.

1 Like

Looking at Nyckelharpa and that's definitely something I'm adding. Lot of features I'm looking for. I'm trying to figure out how to install it now. Thanks for the tip!

1 Like

Nyckelharpa is the solution. Keypad works just like you'd expect. Thank you!

3 Likes

Glad it worked for you, too. Arn, the developer has been great in making sure the app and driver work with the UEI keypad even though he doesn't own one himself.

3 Likes

Also experiencing this issue.

It seems like possibly there's a bug in either the driver or HSM where there's a command like beep(duration: 5) set for arm home and arm away, but they forgot to set the timeout for arm night. Total guess as I have no access to the hubitat code, obviously.

Load the Nyckelharpa driver. It takes care of the beep.

1 Like

Do I need to use the reset of Nyckelharpa to take advantage of Centralitex? I've loaded the dirver, but I'm unable to arm. I do see my code coming though in "last entered code".

Yes, it's not a stand alone driver for HSM, the Nyckelharpa app is required.

1 Like