XHK1-UE keypad and motion event

I just paired this keypad with C7 using the default Centralite Keypad driver

• endpointId: 01
  • application:
  • model: URC4450BC0-X-R
  • manufacturer: Universal Electronics Inc

but I don't see any motion event.
In the log, I do see the below message every time my hand move over to the Keypad:
2020-08-17 03:32:53.055 pm debugdescMap: [raw:catchall: 0104 0501 01 01 0040 00 FDA7 01 00 0000 07 00 , profileId:0104, clusterId:0501, clusterInt:1281, sourceEndpoint:01, destinationEndpoint:01, options:0040, messageType:00, dni:FDA7, isClusterSpecific:true, isManufacturerSpecific:false, manufacturerId:0000, command:07, direction:00, data:[]]

I only see my motion in the device details, but nothing in the log for keypad motion.(Iris V3)
My guess is your event is not being parsed properly.
Tagging @arnb

• armingIn : 0
  • battery : 100
  • codeChanged : added
  • codeLength : 4
  • lastCodeName : XXX
  • lockCodes : {YYY}
  • maxCodes : 20
  • securityKeypad : armed home
  • tamper : clear
  • temperature : 26.00

exactly motion is not even in the device details.

I don't believe the system's Centralite Keypad driver supports the XHK1-UE keypad, although it may work the battery levels will be way off, it reports 6V vs 3V. The XHK1-UE is supported by the Centralitex driver using Nyckelharpa.

Using the keypad for a motion detector is problematic since it only responds within a few inches from the device, and is mainly used by the device hardware to light the keypad. However, the Centralitex driver creates a motion event for all supported keypads and motion shows in the device's "Current States" including the Iris V3.

Blockquote[quote="arnb, post:4, topic:47874"]
although it may work the battery levels will be way off, it reports 6V vs 3V
[/quote]

It is using 4AA batteries, so it should be 6V, right?

I believe so, 6volts. I'd suggest getting arnb's Nyckelharpa app. It's excellent. I've been using it for close to a year now.
My keypad is not the same as yours, but there is some odd behavior around motion and getting the motion attribute to show

done, it working perfectly now, with motion events.

1 Like

Fantastic. I can't say enough positive things about Arnb's app. It really has made my use of HSM so much better.