Xfinity XHE1 to open garage

Yes.

OK, I'll have to do some testing here...

both of the rules that you posted are missing the end-if statement.
this works as expected:

and produces the following in the logs:

Hm.. added the END-IF, no change.

About a year later... and I haven't gotten this to work, and it has suddenly become more urgent due to ST's groovy deprecation - which means I need to migrate my Airbnb to HE (I migrated my main house long ago). Just bought a second HE and paid my remote access + warranty annual plan. I've even written a nodejs replacement for RBoy's Rental Lock Automator which will code my locks using the Maker API based on my Airbnb calendar.... anyway....

To summarize, the Rule Machine Keypad Code Entered trigger ONLY triggers on a state transition to "disarmed.", which is definitely not the same as "Keypad Code Entered."

This means that to get the rule to trigger, I have to press one of the arm buttons on the keypad, type in a valid code, then type in the code again for it to trigger in RM.

I would like it to trigger whenever a valid code is entered. This is how I've been using it with ST with RBoy's Zigbee Keypad handler, This allows my airbnb guests to open/close my garage with the last 4# of their phone number.

The Rule says that the event subscription is securityKeypad.disarmed.

This is the event that shows up in the logs when a valid code is entered.

Based on the "Garage Keypad was disarmed" in the logs (this shows up even when the rule doesn't trigger), I'm guessing that because the keypad didn't transition from one state to another (it was already disarmed), this event didn't trigger.

So one question for anyone: Does this trigger work as described with any other keypads? If so, please let me know which one so I can buy it.

And a question for Hubitat: Can you make this rule fire even if a state transition does not happen? If it should work but doesn't, please PM me a shipping address and I'll send you a XHE1 to help troubleshoot.

Thanks,
Kris

1 Like

Tagging @mike.maxwell

I was able to figure out a workaround today.... add an action that re-arms the keypad after you type in a PIN... so entering a PIN always transitions it from armed->disarmed.

2 Likes

I can’t get get this to work:

Wont fire at all.

Any recommendation?

L.E.
It is a known issue that will be fixed in the next release (2.3.2.141)