Wyze Doorbell Camera pre-order $29.99 (ships in January)

If you collect gadgets, you might be interested in this deal. True, there's no direct integration with Hubitat, but I figure at this price, even if I don't use it for a doorbell, it's still a cheap camera. And a chime.

1 Like

thanks thought about it but would have to get rid of existing doorbell and without hubitat support and alerts not as usefull

1 Like

Received mine and installed it, though the jury is still out whether I will prefer it over the old doorbell/SAGE interface to Hubitat.

There are plenty of reviews out there, so I'll just briefly say that it looks OK and installed without issue. The chime is better than I expected - many choices for noise including barking dogs, which I like (I wonder if it will get all the other Wyze Chimes in the neighborhood barking too?). Video is excellent, although I don't like the portrait orientation at all. It isn't fish eye, so it isn't going to see a small package against the door anyway. I end up with more view of my front porch and ceiling than I need.

There would be so much potential to this thing if Wyze wasn't such a walled garden. I'd like the tone to be very loud barking dog in Away, but normal doorbell and reasonable volume if Home. And I will miss being able to trigger on the SAGE sensing the old doorbell ringing.

Well worth $29.99 just for the chime and camera, though.

Too bad it's cloud storage only. They make quite decent product for the price point for sure.