Wrong device type on include

I'm a new convert from Vera to Habitat. I'm excluding/including all of my devices and I figured out that most of the switches in my house were being added with the wrong driver.

I have Leviton DZS15-1LZ switches throughout and it's adding them with type "Generic Z-Wave CentralScene Dimmer" rather than "Generic Z-Wave Switch".

Is there a way to change the default so I don't have to change the type on the rest of my switches?

Thanks,
--Chris

There's nothing you can do, as the platform picks the best-match driver on inclusion by using the "fingerprint," which for Z-Wave is normally the vendor and product ID plus the supported command classes.

However, if you want to prevent this for other users in the future by sharing some information that may help staff address that underlying issue:

1. Switch one of the affected devices to the "Device" driver temporarily
  2. Open "Logs" in a new tab/window in the background
  3. Run the "Get Info" command in the driver
  4. Check the logs for a "fingerprint..." line, and copy and paste that here so staff can use it to compare.

In the meantime, you can always switch drivers manually, as it seems you know. It's usually a good idea to run the "Configure" command after you do so. Good luck!

I don't think so.
This has happened to me a few times over the years.
The include looks at the Z-Wave signature and decides what device is trying to connect.
My Leviton outlets had to be changed to Generic Z-Wave afterwards as well; I don't think Leviton has a broad range of specific drivers in HE.
If the system really can't make up it's mind you just get "Device".

Thanks for the quick feedback!

Leviton DZS15-1LZ

fingerprint mfr:"001D", prod:"0301", deviceId:"0334", inClusters:"0x25,0x27,0x2B,0x2C,0x85,0x72,0x86,0x91,0x77,0x73", outClusters:"0x82"

Switching it to Generic Z-Wave Switch seems to be working fine. Super excited to move to a supported platform and the performance difference is shocking!

--Chris

Tagging @bcopeland to see if he can look at the fingerprint for ths device/driver since it's Z-Wave (even though I'm pretty sure this fingerprint was added to the driver before his time :smiley: ).

3 Likes

I'm running into this issue as well. My GE Jasco in-wall switch keeps showing as a generic dual outlet (lists 2 component devices: Switch-1 and Switch-2). All of my other switched were included as the appropriate device type.

Download the Hubitat app