Would you suggest me a multisensor?

Good afternoon,

Could you suggest me a multisensor (presence and luminosity level) to put in my house? I want to create automation when I come back to home. I can’t use door sensor because my door is taller than the host.

Thank you so much.

Greetings from Italy

I have 2 of these and they work well:

1 Like

The Philips Hue Zigbee motion sensor is a popular choice that can be directly paired to the Hubitat hub.

https://www.amazon.com/Philips-Motion-Sensor-Installation-Free-Exclusively/dp/B076MGK22M

1 Like

I'd second the suggestion for the Hue Zigbee motion sensors. Costco has a 2 pack for $60.
https://www.costco.com/philips-hue-indoor-smart-motion-sensor-2-pack.product.100575866.html

The Zooz ZSE40s work with limitations. The light level is reported as 0-50. Which is not true lux. But it is generally good enough to determine light vs. dark. The larger issue is that they don't work with the Hubitat C7 out of the box. The only way to get them to work well with a C7 is to pair them via a secondary controller (z-stick and PC Controller software).

Philips Hue is only motion sensor...I need also luminosity sensor for making automation when I come back to home

I’m from Italy. This sensor is not sold here

It reports lux as well when paired to the Hubitat hub.

1 Like

Actually, the Hue Motion Sensor does also report illuminance when paired to the Hubitat hub. Search the forum and you will see numerous very satisfied users. It also reports based on Lux changes, versus some other motion sensors that only report Lux when they detect a motion event.

ya the only reason i dont use hue is i need humidity for the bathroom and they dont have that..I do use one at the front door... the outdoor unit.

I have many Hue Bulbs paired with Hue bridge. So I have to buy a sensor and pair it only with HE? Tks a lot

1 Like

Correct. Fine to leave the bulbs connected to the Hue bridge (in fact, that is the recommended approach.). Just pair the Hue motion sensor directly to the Hubitat hub and you should be good to go!

I'm for hue as well, tried a few others, but now replacing with hue

I was gifted a Fibaro from a very generous HE member and I have been very happy with it reporting Lux. Use it in the living room and the value is used to control lights all around the house

Good luck and enjoy

If having a motion and Lux sensor as separate devices is acceptable, I've had good luck with "Xiaomi Mijia Lux Sensor" It being Zigbee you don't have to worry about your national Z-Wave frequency.

How quickly do your Zooz Z-Wave Plus 4-in-1 ZSE40 Ver 2.0 detect motion?

Fast enough. Maybe a few ms slower than Zigbee, but not an issue for me.

1 Like

I just got the Xiaomi Lux sensor, what driver are you using? I can't seem to get it to work