Would you consider Smartthings again?

You fare much better on the later model hubs my c4 had some issues as well it's now been fully retired.

It seem the issues with the C8 are users who migrated their database, for you that wouldn't be possible other than the apps database. So I would go for it.

Are your devices zigbee or z-wave or both?

Thanks. The HK integration has been pretty seamless. It's a great combo. My biggest quandaries are things like where to run automations, because I have two choices. (Well, for my Thread devices I have only one :slight_smile: )

+1
Never stopped using ST it does some things better than HE. Same as HA. I have all 3 (plus some Aqara/Mi home hubs) linked together and that works well for me.

I am using Hubitat for all my z-wave and Zigbee devices now (after latest IKEA firmware updates).
And of course, for all my automations!

SmartThings - use the mobile app only, undoubtedly much better than HE. A small number of all my Hubitat paired devices (thermostats, temperature/humidity sensors, water leak sensors) are pushed to ST using Mira local integration)

Aqara E1 hub - for one Aqara Smoke detector (hopefully will manage to handle it locally from HE soon). And for sniffing Zigbee devices protocol when needed.

Apple Home Pod hub - for one single Thread T/H sensor and for testing.

Home assistant w/ Zigbee2MQTT and ZHA - for testing, also for bringing some Xiaomi WiFi devices to Hubitat.

Tuya Zigbee hubs - for sniffing the Tuya-specific Zigbee protocol (needed very rarely now) and making the devices work locally on Hubitat : )

I forgot the Philips Hue hub - a rock solid solution for controlling almost all of my lights, integrated to Hubitat via CoCoHue.

5 Likes

I still have ST running at another location with a few devices on it. I will eventually replace it with something else but it's working fine for now so no biggie.

1 Like

7 posts were split to a new topic: Off-topic debate

Just a reminder that this is a public place. While there are no hard rules to posting, we strongly encourage our users to be respectful of others and to refrain from personal attacks... We can all be agreeable, even when we disagree...

Be Agreeable, Even When You Disagree

You may wish to respond to something by disagreeing with it. That’s fine. But remember to criticize ideas, not people. Please avoid:

• Name-calling
  • Ad hominem attacks
  • Responding to a post’s tone instead of its actual content
  • Knee-jerk contradiction
  • Disparagement of others

Instead, provide reasoned counter-arguments that improve the conversation.

...more

8 Likes

Meme Reaction GIF by Robert E Blackmon

1 Like

Yes. Immediately after I chop off my nuts, and consume them.

3 Likes

Oh, you've dealt with support? That's usually the next troubleshooting step after uninstalling/reinstalling the app.

2 Likes

no and hell no....

3 Likes

Hub Replace was officially announced at SDC

2 Likes

With Hub Replace, all devices, the Hub’s Matter fabric, Edge Drivers Data, Routines, and other Hub Settings, along with their Zigbee, Z-Wave, and Thread networks if supported by the receiving hub, will be seamlessly transferred and applied to the new hub with just a few quick taps.

It’ll be interesting to see if it’s as seamless as advertised. It’s certainly been a long time coming.

1 Like

Hub replacement = order a Hubitat Elevation hub and sell the ST hub if you can.

9 Likes

Took the plunge guys and girls. £30 for V3 hub Smartthings. Wish me luck. My hubitat hub is terrible right now, I think it's dying and c8 seems to have a few teething problems, so didn't want to upgrade just yet

1 Like

7 posts were split to a new topic: Off topic argument

Broken in what way? We need to fix that :wink:

4 Likes

Ill chime in on topic. Once upon a time i was looking for the one super hub to do everything. I came across hubitat and quickly was able to make it do everything i wanted.

I imagine due to various reasons like bad code, bad http request, bad devices and other badness i started having performance issues. So i started offloading some stuff and found the balance where my hubitat works really nicely.

The moral of my story is i try to use the best platform available (and yes thats very subjective) to try to have optimal stability.

So yes smartthings is still considered and running here. But never would it be the sole system. Hubitat is running. Hue is running. Lutron is running. Home assistant is running. Mosquitto, node red, z2m among some others and i try to find harmony through the chaos.

5 Likes

Rephrased as it was a bit harsh, to just having a few teething problems. I want the long range ZigBee. I know there are a few hubs with problems but didn't want to take the plunge just yet

1 Like

That's me, I'm running a number of hubs, and the only reason for me jumping into smart things was hubitat hub going funny (probably due to age)

All ZigBee and I would probably start a fresh anyway. Build my rules better and more efficiently

1 Like