Wiz via integration app or via matter?

So i have a few wiz bulbs im using via the integration app on my c5 and they work well. I decided to add them as matter devices on my c8 today and they work good with that as well. Question is which way is better? Will they still be able to be controlled over matter if internet goes out? Im using alexa for commissioning btw.

Once commissioned, they should be communicating locally with matter, yes.

2 Likes

Do you use any of the Wiz scenes? If so, Matter will not support that. You would have to use the integration app (which is also local).

Is Matter integration faster for controlling a group of lights? I have 12 in a room and they are not exactly at synchronously controlled though it isn't too bad. Wondering if Matter will improve that at all. They do work synchronously when controlling them from the Wiz app.

How are you controlling them in Hubitat?

With a group device. Metering is not turned on. I noticed they work more synchronously with my C-8 Pro than they did with my C-8. They work even better on Homey.

Is this Groups and Scenes or Room Lighting? As for the C8 Pro, if they are connected to Matter that makes sense. The Pro has more RAM to cover the Matter integration better.

I’m pretty sure that Homey uses their cloud API which acts just like the app

Groups and Scenes. I'm not using Matter yet. I was asking if there was a benefit to change over to it.

Homey has Wiz bulbs integrated as a Matter devices. I think once Matter was released they pushed me towards that integration and not the cloud API.

I’d tell you give a shot and see if performance improves a little bit with the Matter integration. If you try it, you’ll at least be able to do an Apples to Apples test with Homey.