[Withdrawn] Yamaha Network Receivers Basic Integration

I was able to get the code to work to access the RCA inputs using additional sources.

The developer of this code withdrew all of his hubitat drivers and apps from GitHub a while back. The reasons why were brought up in some other threads at some point.

It’s possible that attempts to redistribute the code in this thread are a license violation and that’s why they were flagged? I don’t know enough about software licensing in general or this code specifically to say for sure.

1 Like

Has anyone figured out how to access the extended options? With my Sonos integration, the receiver adds a perceptible delay unless it is set to 'Pure Direct' mode.

This is unfortunate as you lose the surround/bass speakers in pure direct, but at least the speakers through the house are synced.

Not sure if this can be done, but would someone be so kind as to share the code with me? I understand it can't be posted and looks like all the links are dead.

I couldn't figure it out in the driver, but you can run:

http://{IP_Address}/YamahaExtendedControl/v1/main/setPureDirect?enable=false (or true)

to enable or disable the PureDirect mode.

sorted out?

Sorry to ask but does anybody have the code for this? Would be really useful so I dont need to go back to the ST handler and rework it myself.
Thanks

So sad codahq had a disagreement with the Hubitat team as I keep seeing some withdrawn stuff from him.

pm's sent

1 Like

This is my first post and I have only had my HE about a month. I am very impressed. I already had HUE, Chromecast and Google (excuse me..Nest) Home in every room. I am looking to connect my Yamaha RX-A3060 to HE, but, of course, no driver on GH. Can someone send me the code(s)?
Thanks for any help.

Can someone send me the code for this if they have it on their hub please?

I think I have the Yamaha Receiver driver, but cannot get the Zone driver installed.

The drivers installer just says "unexpected token: PUT @ line 123, column 30." and will not let me save.

Any ideas?

Make sure it's just 'raw' driver code that you copy/paste. It's easy to copy the whole web page incorrectly.

The code is not in Github anymore. The Receiver driver is not giving me trouble, but the Zone is. The only current source comes from previously installed drivers.

My line 123 and 124 are
// Defines which tile to show in the overview
main "state"

1 Like

Now that makes it work!

Thanks!!

I'm getting the same thing on line 192 (from the code posted in this thread).

I could have sworn I had the code here from the original codahq repo, but couldn't find it.

Would you mind PM me the code you have working?

PM’d

1 Like

Anyone know if the license used for the initial drivers are free use and free to post again? If so, if anyone has a complete set of drivers, I think a lot of people would be grateful for making a public fork.

The license is the standard Apache found with Hubitat drivers. The author provides his name but claims no copyright. INAL, it's probably free to copy. Publishing a fork or repo is something else because people are going to assume the publisher is going to maintain it. Someone will probably say "no they won't" and that discussion is another reason not to bother.

1 Like

I was more just thinking a fork simply for a central location to host the driver. I am sure in the Readme this could be made clear and say that unless the original developer or anyone picks the project back up, it will not be maintained and as such this is simply a backup, or something like that.

1 Like