[Withdrawn] Yamaha Network Receivers Basic Integration

Polling isn't ideal, and I avoid polling whenever it is technically feasible to do so, but is sometimes necessary to achieve what you want.

I don't recommend polling devices/drivers on Hubitat though. Especially with LAN/network traffic, it is too fragile and will likely lead to issues over time.

Consider doing the polling on some other system better suited for it, like node-red, and then dump the result back to Hubitat for automation/logic use.

I poll my yamaha receivers status every 15s in node-red (and have been for over a year) and send the value back to Hubitat when it changes. Could go faster than 15s but didn't need to for my uses.

Thanks. Any instructions on how to do this using node red?

I PMed you.

I installed this last year and had a query about using it to switch on my sub-woofer, @codahq gave me some advice (May 19), but I never got round to implementing it. Anyway stay at home and all that, I have had a bit of free time, so wrote a rule that may be of use for someone else. The problem was, how do I get HE to turn on my Sub-Woofer when I operate the Yamaha Receiver manually, the suggestion was to use another switch in the room?

The rule is here:

Basically, it runs every 10 seconds for two minutes, first it refreshes the Yamaha, waits 5 seconds then checks if the Yamaha is on and the Sub-Woofer is on and if this is the case, exits. If the Yamaha is on and the Sub-Woofer off, it turns on the Sub-Woofer, cycling through the 12 times (gives me chance to turn on the TV and Yamaha). Finally, it does a check to see if the Yamaha is off and the Sub-Woofer is on, in which case it turns of the Sub-Woofer. This final stage works when I leave the room and the sensor goes inactive.

I have tried it for the past week and it seems to work fine, so I'll be removing the notification part of is soon.

3 Likes

First, thank you to the author for adapting the ST code for HE.

Unfortunately, the Github links for the 2 device drivers lead to a page not found. Are there any users who have the driver codes in question (yamaha-receiver.groovy and yamaha-zone.groovy) and would be willing to repost?

I have tried to adapt the ST code myself but have been unsuccessful as I am pretty technical but very new to HE.
Thanks in advance.

Indeed, the links are dead. Maybe codahq has changed or deleted the location on Github. I found them here -dead link:-(. I don't know it is the same driver, but it works for me. I think codahq is the author: Ben Rimmasch but I am not sure if @codahq still has the intention to share the driver...

@BrunoVoeten Thanks very much. After reading through the Ring integration thread, I found out that codahq purposely removed his Github because of a conflict with the Hubitat folks. Despite this, he seemed very supportive of the community and people pursuing his work so long as credit is given where credit is due. In any case, I am very grateful for the link you provided as this works perfectly. Cheers!

2 Likes

THANKS! I assume the second one is for controlling Zone 2.

The first one has no capabilities? What does it do? Do I need both? Should a reserved the IP address for the receiver before trying this? I suppose it would not hurt even though my router does not move devices around. OK reserved, now what?

I have both installed just in case it goes away.

I can't find the app or driver code any more. Could someone please share the groovy files?

OK, after a made a virtual device it mage in instance using the other driver. Still no AVR object for tiles, I set one for volume only that seem to work but the rest are all status and not the ability to set anything yet. OK, what I did was create a virtual minimote remote, since I could not find a generic one, I then have to set a rule for each button that does a custom action on an actuator (you have to so this a LOT!!) and then I was able to select the command. You will still need 1 tile for every command and 1 tile for every command but it does hack you way into the commands. Accessing ANY attribute other then volume only returns that status. Not both the command and status. I was able to create mute and unmute buttons for the non-existing remote. I think I might try an ON button. Sometimes HDMI-CEC fails to work right depending on my current source. I still have not figured out how to hack the Samsung TV unto Hubitat as well.

Does anyone knows a location for the code? All the links in this thread are dead.

I'm trying to modify the Zone code to allow me to set 'audio1', 'audio2', and 'audio3' inputs which are RCA connectors at the back. I have a SONOS connect system connected to 'audio2' so monkeying around with the Zone code.

I've been able to build out the buttons and sources, but I'm unsure of the command to set input to those RCA jacks which are audio1, 2 and 3.

Thoughts?

The ST is [RELEASE] Yamaha Network Receiver Basic Integration - Community Created Device Types - SmartThings Community but I forget where I got the Hubitat version.

The ST is [RELEASE] Yamaha Network Receiver Basic Integration - Community Created Device Types - SmartThings Community but I forget where I got the Hubitat version. I have the one by codeahq.
I just am having a problem finding it now.

Just set up a virtual device of the Yamaha Receiver and then use it to create the Zone item. You will need the receivers IP address.

The drivers work. Thanks a lot! :slight_smile: :grinning:

Can someone ELI5 what is going on with the attempts to eliminate/hide this code?

The ones from codahq does! They work real nice. It is very similar to the ST code. I set up virtual remote and rules to toggle the power and muting on/off since this attributes only report status and you need the actual actuators. The Volume tile does both. You can set volume by percentage or db level, eg. -30db (which is my default level). I firget why I found it and am confused why it was withdrawn.