[WITHDRAWN - Use the new Broadlink integration by @tomw] NATIVE Broadlink RM/RM Pro/RM Mini/SP driver

So i did look at that section and came to the same conclusion that it looked like it was getting those from the child app and specifically the section that relates to the Gree unit, but just looking at the code i have vs what you posted is different.

my driver looks like this:

send_Event(name: "supportedThermostatModes", value: rangeValues.supportedThermostatModes, isStateChange: true)
	send_Event(name: "supportedThermostatFanModes", value: rangeValues.supportedThermostatFanModes , isStateChange: true)

So im wondering who has the latest version?

Even when i looked at the post you mentioned to make your driver work with the hvac app, the line mentioned was different. (line 777 i think it was)

My driver is:

private version()			{ return "v0.26  2020-05-10" }
private driverName()	{ return "RC HVAC Thermostat (BETA)" 

The parent App and Child App show the same.

This is the section i assume it comes from in the RC HVAC Manager Child and it appears to already have quotes.

else if (deviceProtocol.take(4) == "Gree") {
		if (temperatureDisplayScale == "C") { rangeValues.cooltempmin = 16; rangeValues.cooltempmax = 30; rangeValues.heattempmin = 16; rangeValues.heattempmax = 30 }
		else { rangeValues.cooltempmin = 61; rangeValues.cooltempmax = 87; rangeValues.heattempmin = 61; rangeValues.heattempmax = 87 }
		rangeValues.supportedThermostatModes = ["off", "auto", "cool", "dry", "fan", "heat"]
		rangeValues.supportedThermostatFanModes = ["auto", "high", "medium", "low"]

And this is what the Device page shows:
Screenshot 2023-02-14 142944

Right, I also found the v0.26 code. My post was a suggestion to try as an edit to what was already there in the version that you referenced.

I wonder if the string values are getting mangled somehow as they get pushed in and out of Hubitat's state or something. Just a total guess, but my suggestion is to force it again to be valid JSON on the thermostat driver side so you know the value to sendEvent is correctly formatted.

sorry i misread that, i do see what you mean now, ill give that a try when i get home.

1 Like

So i just updated the driver and it now has the quotes on the device page and i can click on the mode buttons on the tile now, so that works.

I will test it when i get home to see if everything still works as expected.

If that works, ill then try to switch over to your driver.

thanks for the help

3 Likes

Hi, I tried to download the app from Package Manager and received an error "An error occurred while installing the package: Failed to install app https://raw.githubusercontent.com/tomwpublic/hubitat_broadlink/main/broadlinkSystemManagerApp. Please notify the package developer." Are folks aware of this error?

Please post that question in the thread for my integration, here: Broadlink IR/RF remotes integration (RM3 Mini, RM Pro, RM4 Mini/Pro)

OK thanks

1 Like

It appears the tweak on the driver worked and controls the Gree mini split just fine. now to swap the broadlink driver.

1 Like

where do I download the drivers? I can not find it

Easiest way is to install Hubitat package manager.

1 Like

The dev that created this thread pulled his drivers from his google drive. They’re no longer available. If you want to integrate broadlink devices with Hubitat, use @tomw’s app and drivers.

@bobbyD please consider closing this thread.

3 Likes