[WITHDRAWN - Use the new Broadlink integration by @tomw] NATIVE Broadlink RM/RM Pro/RM Mini/SP driver

Hi @tomw!

Firstly, thanks for your kindly offer. Could you share your integration with me too? I have five Broadlinks R3 Mini that I use to control AC mini splits and would be great if we had a new option. I may give feedback or also make some tests!

1 Like

I'm very interested as well. Watching..

Thanks for your interest, @marcusvrsilva and @cwwilson08.

I have testing across IR and RF underway, with help from a few users that have a mixture of RM3 Mini, RM Pro, and RM4 Pro. All seem to be working well.

I could use some help with testing from anyone that has an RM4 Mini. Let me know if anyone can help with that.

Otherwise, I will post this openly to share with everyone soon.

13 Likes

FYI: Broadlink IR/RF remotes integration (RM3 Mini, RM Pro, RM4 Mini, RM4 Pro, etc)

@marcusvrsilva

6 Likes

Great work. I've been a long time user of this integration however one thing that held me off changing over was carrying all the codes over... However it seems you have integrated importing so nice work and can't see any excuse why we don't all transition over :wink:.. I assume the two will work in unison.

I'll have a look over it in the next week or so. My current integration isn't broken which is why I didn't offer to so any beta testing , however it's good to see a maintained alternative.

2 Likes

Sounds great. Join the discussion in the other thread! (If you haven't already)

1 Like

Yes, both can reside together on the same hub. I am temporarily setup that way, until I remove this Withdrawn Broadlink Device Manager (Beta) and its linked devices within a week or so.

1 Like

Thanks a lot, @tomw !

I'll install and test it. Is there some specific feedback you need, some condition you want I try?

No, just jump into the other thread I started if you have any questions or issues (link in my post above).

I was seeing it just now! Thanks again, my friend!

1 Like

I see the new broadlink integration from tomw, and i plan to switch over to it for most of my devices. However is there anything to replace the HVAC control of the RC HVAC Manager?

I use it to control my Gree mini split currently, but i have noticed i am no longer able to change the mode or fan modes in the dashboards unless i open chrome on mobile, on the hubitat android app or chrome pc, clicking on the mode does nothing.

Or is there a way to fix this?

I added the necessary functions so that the HVAC Manager app would work with my driver underneath it. @Sebastien detailed a couple of small changes you will have to make here: Broadlink IR/RF remotes integration (RM3 Mini, RM Pro, RM4 Mini/Pro) - #4 by Sebastien

1 Like

I have found that this is due to the driver of the HVAC not referencing the fan modes correctly. This is not just affecting the HVAC drivers but also sensibo etc. I have rectified the sensibo drivers (google search how to fix tile HVAC hubitat fan). However I did not successfully modifying these HVAC drivers related to the orig broadlink integration.

Device page work's fine. Tiles don't and I believe is related to the hvac integration it's to do with the fan modes needing " " but I can't locate these in the HVAC drivers myself.

The new broadlink device from @tomw works fine with the virtual thermostat from the Abandoned Broadcom Driver that Shall Not Be Mentioned :slight_smile:

I see the same behavior. I am able to change the fan modes by using the Hubitat Cloud Dashboard.

Where is the code that you're referring to?

From a non programmer perspective... So my contributions/thoughts should be taken lightly... I checked the driver with the header below. I read somewhere about other integration of HVAC devises needing to updated to include "auto" rather than auto without the " for modes to work on tiles. The sensibo driver could be updated by changing the device type to the generic virtual HVAC and sending a command on the device page to update the modes etc. Then return back to sensibo driver and the tiles work again for sensibo devices. I couldn't do this for cybrmage hvac.

I'd provide the driver if it can be updated but I recognise the sensitivity around the drivers below..

• RC HVAC Thermostat diver for hubitat
  • HVAC/AC/Mini Split system Remote Control thermostat device
  •  by CybrMage

*/
private version() { return "v0.24 2020-05-07" }

I agree with perterbrown, i did read somewhere about the quotation marks and the modes, and if you do an inspect with chrome, it has some java script errors if you try to click on it.

I have looked through the app and driver code but didnt notice anything obvious to change.

As far as the other person mentioned i have never noticed that the buttons work correctly from the cloud dashboard but do not work on the local.

I have another app i use for a virtual thermostat made by nick clark i think, and his started doing the same thing until i applied an update a few days ago that he released for his driver.

I believe there was an HE platform change in version 2.3.3.122 (a more stringent requirement re. quoting values in a JSON array) that breaks the thermostat tile.

See:

1 Like

I saw that post, and i have looked through the app and driver code, but i am not sure how to fix it, i tried to compare to another working driver, but they are completely different.

But yes it would have been a recent change that "broke" it, i have just dealt with it for a while and finally started to look into trying to fix or update it.

It looks like the values for supportedThermostatModes and supportedThermostatFanModes come from a call to this function in "RC HVAC Manager Child" from the initialize function in "RC HVAC Thermostat Driver"

getRangeValues(temperatureDisplayScale)

If your hunch is that this is related to those attributes being set incorrectly, I'd start debugging from that initialize function in the driver. I only looked at this for a minute and have no way to try it, but this would be my first stab at it:

send_Event(name: "supportedThermostatModes", value: groovy.json.JsonOutput.toJson(rangeValues.supportedThermostatModes), isStateChange: true)
send_Event(name: "supportedThermostatFanModes", value: groovy.json.JsonOutput.toJson(rangeValues.supportedThermostatFanModes) , isStateChange: true)