[WITHDRAWN - Use the new Broadlink integration by @tomw] NATIVE Broadlink RM/RM Pro/RM Mini/SP driver

Yes

what do you mean by "locking"

Locked to the Broadlink cloud, and unable to be used locally by this app.

My RM Mini3 devices show as RM4.

Ok yes I thought that was what you meant, and why I asked if you used the IHC app. I'm wondering if they were amazon returns, someone already had the misfortune of "locking" them to the cloud.

I don't believe so. They were purchased as new, boxes were sealed, and have an identical part number label on the box. However, the device serial numbers indicate a new series:
Old device serial number starts with RM5
New device serial number starts with RM6
FCC ID same
This app recognized them as different device ids

BTW I had the misfortune of locking an RM Mini3 by using the Broadlink app, was never able to get it connected using IHC. Gave up and returned it.

1 Like

Interesting, I am glad I got mine before the new version then. This is unfortunate.

1 Like

isRM4=true is still a supported device as long as your device is not cloudLocked. 24374 is the new RM Mini 3 referred as 0x5f36 on other upstream libraries, which generally requires 2 extra header bytes in the command (the rest of the protocol stays the same).

What I found is that 0x5f36 throws either 0xfffb or 0xfff6 when the driver tries to poll for learnt code without anything ready yet. If you have the latest driver version (0.50), you could replace line 977 from

} else if (payload[0] == 4) {

to

} else {

to fix the issue.

I was able to get my device working - which is also a 0x5f36 device type (SN: RM6*).

6 Likes

cybrmage
Is this driver still being worked on?
I have noticed that v50 was the last update and the original like have been dead for a while.
Is their intent to put this on GitHub continue to update it?

Thanks
G

Looks like TC2 codes starts from 0xe9 (or -23) i.e. e9144600df091609091609160916091616090916160909160916091616091609160909161609091609161609160916091609160909161609091616090916160909161609160909000148 I did extract them from EControl app after I did update driver validateCode with if ((codeData[0] == 0x26) || (codeData[0] == -23) ||..... it was able to send commands to TC2 switches

@cybrmage was very active in this thread/forum until a few weeks ago. And then nothing, just hope he is ok.

2 Likes

He was on a few days ago probably just taking some time out

Hmmm..."dead for a while"? Really? Isn't that a bit premature?

I've worked on and purchased way too many commercial software packages with less responsive developers & less frequent updates...give him a break.

@cybrmage has made it very clear that he won't put the source on Github, for whatever reason.

However, I wish there was some clarification in the source code about the license/copyright terms. I believe that the developer is in Canada, and I'm neither a lawyer nor familiar with Canadian copyright. I would say that, in the absence of any guidance, that the code is his & everyone should be very careful about putting it on a public repo without permission or forking the source code. As an aside, I could see paying HE a donation to support open-source code (ie., hire/fund HE devs to maintain and ensure integration of open-source Hubitat apps, drivers, etc).

In any case, the driver & HVAC app work for me and I'm extremely grateful to have them.

2 Likes

@cybrmage last posted 12 may and was last seen by the forum software 2 days ago.

Neither his driver or app code contain license details.
But as the author, he will retain copyright and I don’t think it should be distributed or hosted by anyone without his express permission.

I can’t see that happening anytime soon.
Conversely, if anyone attempts to sell apps/drivers then they fall foul of clause 4 of the Hubitat end user agreement so it is therefore prohibited
(unless you want to pay a fee to Hubitat in which case they will write you a separate agreement)

Andy

2 Likes

Just a headsup for anyone bumping into a learned IR command that won't function. Try setting device Preference "Select number of code repeats" to something other than zero, try the failing command code, if it works edit and paste the command as many times as needed. Also set device repeats back to zero!

I've been having an issue getting my Cable box to respond, but found repeats 1 seemed to fix it, but other devices now failed. What I did was

1. Copy the original command
  2. Create a new IR command
  3. Paste the old command twice (or as many times as needed)
  4. Save the new command, then try it. YMMV

I have no idea what I'm doing with IR codes, just a lot of guesswork.

Would be a nice feature to allow individual commands to repeat, rather than everything command issued on the device. Oh well, please come back @cybrmage.

2 Likes

Hello knr and welcome to the Hubitat forums.

Thank you that worked for me!

1 Like

Seem like the code has been removed, both stable and beta links up top go to the google drive screen of death??

Are there new links?

Most unfortunate I was literally going to install now

Edit. If anyone has the code and is willing to share please pm me.

Look up in posts 286.

will the rm pro+ works? i'm thinking of buying one

Yes I use 3x in my home. Works well.

Edit: Two actually. The other one is an rm pro. The pro has a temperature sensors built in. The pro+ has stronger IR supposedly but haven't had any problems with the pro IR.

They both look like this, NOT the rm4 pro.