[WITHDRAWN - Use the new Broadlink integration by @tomw] NATIVE Broadlink RM/RM Pro/RM Mini/SP driver

I ended up just returning it to Amazon..

Thanks, I'll give this a shot. I also tried enabling debug logging on the device in HE and pressing the button in the Broadlink app, hoping it would capture the transmit on the device and show the code in the logs, but unfortunately not.

hi all - I purchased a rm mini 3 but it says it's cloud locked - are there any tricks to get it to see it as a local unit?

In the app it says

Configure a device

This device is cloud locked and can not be used.

Type: 10039 Type Name: RM Mini

But it is indeed an RM Mini 3

also thank you for makign this driver and app .... it will certainly save me money as i keep forgetting to turn my split off in my office :frowning:

It's mentioned in the first post which setup apps to use to avoid that. I think you need to return and get another if possible.

1 Like

I just posted an update to RC HVAC Manager

• v0.22:
    added - Support for six Panasonic known variants - PanasonicRKR variant is verified.
2 Likes

Thanks for helping me get the Panasonic going. :grin:

I just posted another update to RC HVAC Manager

• v0.23:
    fixed - "Refresh" command restored driver to defaults
    added - restore previous thermostat state on hub reboot or device refresh
2 Likes

WOW that was fast! I can delete my rule now to restore values at startup!

Hi,
I really love your work on all of this.
I Have a Keeprite A/C and the only way I got this to work was programming all my Ir codes by hand.
Anybody has one and is able to use precompiled code from other brand ?
I know this remote works on GREE A/C unit too.

All of the codes??? Thats a lot... Over 250... Really??

Send me the learned codes (by PM) (heat_auto_27, heat_auto_20, cool_auto_27, cool_auto_20, heat_low_20, heat_high_20 at minimum) and i'll try to add the protocol to the RC HVAC Application.

2 Likes

This guy is something... 2h later the code was working.
I really wonder if there is a way to tip him this is worth something.
Thank you again

1 Like

I just posted yet another update to RC HVAC Manager

• v0.24:
    added - Support for two known Gree variants - Gree1 variant is verified.
1 Like

+1 on those sentiments, never thought he would have my heat pump unit added so quickly and great communication through PM.

Thanks so much @cybrmage , makes me proud to be part of the Hubitat community.

I'm trying to delete some of the stored codes but am getting errors messages. Here's the log report

Am I doing something wrong?

It's probably caused by the thermostat scheduler refresh rate but the unit makes beeping sounds each time it refreshes and I cannot find anywhere to disable such function.
I really don't want to open the unit up to remove the buzzer.

Should I work with rules to limit the number of times the IR codes are sent to the unit to control the temperature or is there a way to disable thermostat refresh as it only really needs to send IR when the desired temp changes.

Did you learn the codes using the device page or sync the codes to the device??? You are probably running into the auto code import paradox.... The codes are stored in the device driver, you delete the code from the app, then since AutomaticCodeImport is enabled, the app re-imports the code you just deleted. If you turn off automatic code import and then delete the codes the will not re-appear.

As far as the RC HVAC Manager, the IR codes are only transmitted when the state changes unless you enable "periodically retransmit device settings".

If you are getting multiple beeps in rapid succession, then that is the way that the application works... If you change from heat_auto_27 to heat_medium_20, you are changing three parameters and there are three events generated and then three IR/RF codes are sent.

You can get around this by enabling "Enable device command transmit delay (3 second)". That will cause the application to start a timer when it receives a state change event and it changes the start but does not transmit the command... If another event is received before the timer expires, the timer is reset... Once the timer expired, the accumulated state is transmitted in one command.

Thanks that's working. Great job.

Hey all.... I have clearly missed something critical. I installed and configured:

• Broadlink Device Manager
  • RC HVAC Manager [BETA]
  • Virtual Thermostat Update Parent

Set up:

• a dashboard
  • MakerAPI so the thermostats can be seen in HomeKit

I can set go through the motions of turning AC on and off, changing modes, etc... What I do on Apple's Home app is reflected on the Habitat Dashboard and vice versa. Its like its all working except: No IR codes are sent, the AC unit just sits quietly undisturbed and silent.

In the installation process the two Broadlink devices I have (RM2 Pro + and RM Mini) were discovered. I did do a single code learn (on/off) and sent that via driver page and application settings page and it works - AC unit started.

I read that using RC HVAC manager takes away the need to program all the IR codes. But the gap in my system seems to be no IR activity is being driven.

Before I upload logs and configs... am sure someone will know the step I have overlooked.

Thanks in advance....

What is this?? It is not part of either the Broadlink or the RC HVAC packages.

If the RC HVAC Manager is not sending codes, then you do not have the thermostat device configured correctly...

possibly:

1. No transmitter device selected
  2. No device protocol selected

All of the implemented protocols (except generic, which requires learned codes) generate codes that are transmitted by an RM Pro or RM Mini device. They may not operate the HVAC unit, but they do cause the RM device to transmit a code.

Yes. You overlooked the step where you post logs and configs... I am not physic, and can not see what's going on with your hub. The logs will tell exactly what is going on...

I can also not determine the type of A/C unit you have, so it may not be supported. Unless you provide information...

I am having difficulty learning codes with the new version. After I learn them they don't work using the 'testcode' button in the app and don't trigger my devices. The codes it is learning seem a lot shorter than the codes the last one learned. ~1100 characters before while they are now ~120. They seem to learn successfully after multiple tries. It is successful when it skips the step of pressing the button in rapid succession, else it blocks until I click Done. I notices there was a bug fixed around Base64 - could it be related? Also - I notice that it recognizes the codes as IR codes when in fact they are RF codes. I entered codes manually from before and correctly recognized them as 433Mhz RF codes.