[WITHDRAWN] Unofficial Ring Integration

That fixed it, but based on the devices I have, I didn't think I needed to.
Ring Pro
StickUp Cam (Wired) (shouldn't this be covered in the ring-generic-light-with-siren driver?)
Floodlight
Alarm
Blah
Blah
Blah

If your Stick Up cam is the same model as mine it has no light so it uses the camera driver instead of the light driver.

You might want to remove the StickUp Cam from this line as they're not any StickUp Cams with a light. It will eliminate any confusion one may have as I did.

Good point. Done.

This is great work you have done here... All I had to do was add 1 line of code for my floodlight to work (missing kind)... So far it is rock solid...

1 Like

I've just installed a ring doorbell and I'm trying to get motion alerts to my HE hub via IFTTT.
I cannot get it to work.
I've followed the instructions but the bit I'm unsure of is this:-
Prerequisites.
The Webhooks service authorized to your IFTTT account.
Now for the stupid question. Do I have to actually do anything with this. I cannot find anywhere to actually link/authorise webhooks on my IFTTT account.
I can see it defined under 'My Services'.
Any ideas folks?

EDIT: Just looked at the Ring integration on IFTTT and the Applet is saying 'Unable to make a web request. Your server returned a 401.
Which server do you guys think is returning this. IFTTT, HE?

EDIT 2: YAY!!!!!!! Cracked it. :laughing::+1:

1 Like

So you got it totally sorted? You used to have to authorize Webhooks. If it is already standard then I should potentially change the setup wording.

Since you just followed the instructions and it's fresh in your mind was there anything that was particularly tricky that could use better wording or additional instructions?

Any reason the generic lights don't support the battery capability? I'd love to monitor the battery level on my spotlights.

None of my cameras with lights are battery powered I guess. Even the ones that have batteries have solar panels. I did add battery level support to the cameras I think. I will probably add it to them since you are asking for it.

1 Like

Is this of any help?

dev:11252019-12-17 12:53:30.392 pm warnUnsupported device type! sensor.tilt

dev:11252019-12-17 12:53:30.390 pm debugsendUpdate(deviceInfo)

dev:11252019-12-17 12:53:30.389 pm debugNot a creatable device. sensor.tilt

dev:11252019-12-17 12:53:30.387 pm tracedeviceInfo: [deviceType:sensor.tilt, src:XXXXXXXXX, msg:DeviceInfoDocGetList, eventOccurredTsMs:null, level:null, affectedEntityType:asset, affectedEntityId:XXXXXX, affectedEntityName:null, accountId:dhxp96-3lu27-0, assetId:XXXXXX, assetKind:base_station_v1, lastUpdate:1576569634157, lastCommTime:1576569633937, nextExpectedWakeup:1576612833969, adapterType:zwave, zid:XXXXXXXXXX, roomId:9, serialNumber:null, fingerprint:330.4.3, manufacturerName:Ecolink, tamperStatus:ok, name:Garage Tilt Sensor, acStatus:null, batteryLevel:100, batteryStatus:full, signalStrength:[[nodeId:1, rssi:-66.0, status:valid, zid:XXXXXXXXX], [nodeId:8, rssi:127.0, status:notAvailable, zid:XXXXXXXX]], firmware:10.1, hardwareVersion:2, deviceName:null, roomName:null, state:[faulted:false]]

Yeah, that might be enough. I'll let you know.

Hi @bobbles, I find that the doorbell cams work quite well. In my case, I installed doorbell wiring to my back deck, so I can cover both front and back with doorbell cameras. If you go with a stand-alone camera, you will need to have a plug for it, unless you also get a solar panel or like changing batteries... they only last a couple of days on their own...

Bad news, everyone.

Please read this and take appropriate action on your hub.

My posts toward the bottom explain what is possibly happening but it is only a guess for now. At any rate, you will be logged out of your session that is used for the integration and then the app will try to renew it but won't be allowed and it will go into an endless loop because it was a condition I did not program around.

You should disable the app to avoid locking your Ring accounts. I'll put a change in the code to stop trying on a 429 (too many requests) and I'll start looking into whether or not there is a way around this new challenge.

4 Likes

You recommend just disabling the app via the checkbox on the Hubitat side or fully removing it and the created devices? (Until its figured out I mean...)

I think disabling it should work. I disabled mine since I have to take a break for a while (it's release night of a particular movie... that some may be interested in...) and I don't want my automations firing while I'm gone and making things worse.

It appears that when the app is disabled it just unschedules it and unsubscribes it from events. That's probably good enough since it's the only component that can really do any damage.

Famous last words, right? I'm making a lot of guesses so feel free to not follow and be more protective but that's all I did.

@codahq I noticed that once it got in a loop disabling it didn’t kill it off... It was still running in the logs.. It wasn’t until I rebooted with it disabled that the logs stopped..

1 Like

Good to know!

I pushed some changes to the repository just now. Summary of changes:

• Added logic so the app won't spam the session call if Ring kills the session early
  • Fixed the API issues introduced by Ring today. Hopefully they switched everybody all at once or we're going to have some interesting problems to solve.
  • Added smoke/co alarm drivers for First Alert (or possibly other Z-Wave) alarms direct connected to the hub
  • Fixed flash on the generic light driver
  • Fixed polling on the generic light driver

Files changes:

Import URLs should be working. Changes that did not make this push:

• Tilt sensor
  • Changing modes too quickly doesn't move HSM (because HSM is already in countdown)
4 Likes

I got everything updated. I had to reboot the hub for it to connect. I also can't get it to find my First Alert smoke alarm.

Edit: I never installed the drivers for smoke and CO alarms. Once I installed the drivers they were created.

1 Like

Just updated... so far everything seems to be working...

1 Like