[WITHDRAWN] Unofficial Ring Integration

That's fine. I was just trying to save you all of that work. It sounded like one of the DNI (device network IDs) of the devices had been manually changed or something. Glad it's working now. If you figure out what caused it let me know.

That was the weird thing, when I tried to readd the devices first thing this morning because they weren't showing in the app (but were still showing in the device list) the app discovered the devices but when I tried to add them in in the first instance it told me there were already devices with the same device ID's installed but it wouldn't reintegrate with them, that's why I thought i'd remove them all and rebuild.

Absolutely brilliant app though and being able to use it in rule machine is fantastic.

I have 1 motion sensor that was never created in the Ring API Virtual Device list. My HE logs gives me this warning
"Couldn't find device null of type sensor.motion with zid 9a4146ae-ca5xxxx"

The motion sensor device code is installed and otherwise everything is working fine

Thoughts?

Hit the create devices button on the alarm hub.

I created a PushOver Alert just in case the websocket doesn't come back online within 1 second which is quite useful.

2 Likes

I have done that in the past, however not recently

That fixed it... TY :slight_smile:

@codahq How is the work on integrating Modes going with this? I have a use case that I would love to have. I frequently switch my Cameras to Disabled mode to get them to quit buzzing my phone all the time during the day if I am home and outside. Unfortunately I forget to switch them back to Home or Away in the evening. Seems like a perfect case for a rule if I could control modes via your integration!

I've noticed that since the update on 5/6/2020, none of my cameras notify Hubitat of motion.

Have you checked if you’ve been logged out in the Ring app setting in hubitat?

I can control the sirens on all the cameras, all of my Ring motion sensors work, and my HSM status link to Ring works.

How are you receiving motion? IFTTT? Did you toggle the reset switch and change your OAuth token? Check the IFTTT page in URC and compare the token and URLs there to what you have in IFTTT.

Prior to the latest update, the motion came natively from the Hubitat app. There was no need for IFTTT. In Simple Rule Machine and Rule Machine, if you chose Motion Sensor it gives you the option for using the Ring Camera's. Before in the Ring Camera device, it would show Motion as Active or Inactive. Now neither are there or work.

K, let me ask again. How does the Hubitat hub get the motion events from Ring? Ring does not push them to Hubitat.

K, let me say it again. Before the update the motion alert was native in the Unofficial Ring Integration app. I had no other apps or programs reporting motion to Hubitat. It was native in this app.

Nope. Who do you think I'm am? I'm the author of this app. It doesn't do what you are explaining. End of story. You have to do something to get events with either IFTTT or polling. So, go setup events.

2 Likes

OCD Suggestion: rename app to "Ring Connect (Unofficial)" so that it sorts better in the lists (and consistently between device names and app names).

Looking forward to the teased dashboard snapshot integration.

Other than that, I love it! :smiley:

I realize you are the one who wrote the app, but it worked. I never connected my IFTTT to my Hubitat.

I get motion from the Ring motion sensors fine.

Ring motion sensors info comes through the alarm hub as I understand it. For everything else, I.E motion or dings from cameras and doorbells, you must setup ifttt or polling as per installation instructions and as per @codahq who wrote the whole thing....

Motion events from the sensors and the cameras come from two entirely different mechanisms. Anything connected to the hub comes through the websocket so the alarm motion sensors get status updates on their own. The cameras do not. You either never got motion events from the cameras or you set up motion events, forgot and then stopped them by resetting the OAuth token or turning off polling.

You can't get camera motion alerts through the websocket. You have to do one of the three options I outline in the app or the instructions in this topic.