[WITHDRAWN] Unofficial Ring Integration

The notifications do show on my phone via Ring app just fine on my Doorbell and 2 floodlight cameras when that was happening. Not too sure what's going on, it's not too big of a deal for me though since the HubConnect Integration works for me, I'll give it a try another time to see if I can get it working.

Turn on the trace logging and send me the output if you want.

Don’t want to take this thread off-topic, but I wonder if anyone could answer a ring external siren question for me. Please reply to this thread here, not in @codahq β€˜s thread. Thanks for any help or advice you can offer.

@codahq

I must be hitting a limit with Ring with the polling enabled even at 15 seconds since once I have my HTTP devices (cameras) enabled with polling then my ring alerts stop working even with the Ring app too. That happened yesterday too, once polling disabled then alerts started working again. I'm happy with the Smart Lighting working for me so I may not be able to help with looking why alerts aren't working to prevent any issues with my account. I'll probably keep the Chime setup and my indoor camera (disable polling) for the siren and tones (for chime) functions with Hubitat. The Lighting is still useful for me though along with the outdoor motion sensors I have with Ring.

So is it feasible to use the polling as a presence sensor combining rings and motion for an audible alert on the home speakers?

Also, what creative things are you guys doing with the ring chime integration?

Also :slight_smile: Is there a way to monitor the Ring Doorbell 2 Wireless battery?

Thanks Guys

I can add the Ring Doorbell 2 "kind" if it isn't added already. I found a few more from looking at the home bridge code that I can add.

For chimes, I'm just making them chirp when my doors open. (That's why I don't chirp my battery powered Dome sirens anymore. I can now chirp my Ring chimes instead.) Nothing that interesting.

You can put them in a group motion/presence sensor if you want to combine them.

A bit of news, @bfara83 has noticed that no events are showing from the poll request. I've started to investigate and it appears I am missing some as well for certain devices. I think the problem is on the Ring side but I'll keep everybody updated.

Because of that I started building an IFTTT/Webhooks option in as well just in case.

Thank you sir, keep me posted on the battery functionality, I would like to test it for you :slight_smile:

Sorry if I did see this in the thread, but is there a way to access the Ring Doorbell 2 Camera on a dashboard etc?

Thank You

I could probably get a thumbnail preview in the dashboard maybe but the chances of live video are zero to none. There was a discussion about live video in dashboards and the limitations a long while back and nothing has changed. And it was limiting back then when we just needed to create an URL for a MPEG stream.

I could look at it later because I don't think anybody has explored it yet. There is a lot more that goes into getting a live stream from the Ring APIs and I don't think I would be able to do it because I can't embed JavaScript or anything into a dashboard to be able to establish the multiple steps required to start a call. Also, the streams end automatically after a certain amount of time making it even more complicated.

@codahq Just confirming that with the Ring Alarm kit, I don't need any of the beams drivers? Those are just for the Mr. Beams bridge? I have no other Ring devices.

Correct. You would just need the app for authentication, the API device (because HE doesn't support putting a websockets client in apps yet), and then all of the drivers for each alarm device you want to integrate e.g. the motion and contact sensor and alarm hub.

1 Like

I didn't enable OAuth. Needed?

The app checks for it but that's because it assumes you will use some of the functionality I'm building in now that allows you to pass motion events to it via IFTTT or something. I didn't test but I think you can skip OAuth and be okay.

1 Like

For someone who is a bit of a newbie and wants to be able to do the following, what's the best way to get started?

1. Have Habitat Set and un-set the Ring alarm based on triggers like geofencing ("away", "at home") and scenes/states "Night", "Vacation", etc.

2. (less important) Ideally have Habitat do specific things with my other devices when something is triggered (e.g. Alarm goes off, turn on Lights and Sonos speakers).

Thanks to anyone with any suggestions on best approaches.

Excellent work Ben! This is really nice.

1 Like

@codahq Is it possible to add an option to trigger the Ring contact sensor from the child device? I'd like to use my existing contact sensors for testing and I don't find any way to trigger the door chime.

1. You can use RM to with the conditions you mentioned. For the actions you can use a custom action and use the Alarm's setMode command. Using RM (Rule Machine) is discussed at length many times in other posts. I'd rather not have the discussion again in here. If you start another thread for that link this thread and maybe mention (@) me so the community can help you.
  2. All of the the alarm devices are created as virtual devices in Hubitat. You can use their states to trigger things in RM as well as the OOB safety monitor in a lot of cases.