Wired recessed z-wave door sensor

I’ve been through three of the Aeotec recessed door sensors. It’s either the batteries or the device itself… it works at first but then fails and the circuitry has white residue on it. At this point I’m thinking it would be better to just use a wired door sensor. I’m looking for something that is recessed in the door and casing. Something that is wired. And something that is z-wave. Any ideas?

Edit: By “wired” I mean the power supply. I’d prefer something without a battery. I’m guessing the issue is related to crappy batteries. Not sure though.

Isn't that an oxymoron? Z-wave are all wireless, not wired. Unless you mean line powered and not battery powered?

1 Like

Corrosion? Odd for me.. I have 6+ of those Recessed Door Sensor and the only fail I've had is one outside plastic case. Sloppy drilling on my part (drill chatter) means that the hole is snug in some portions. I've been too aggressive at wiggling the sensor out and cracked the case. Still worked fine for a year after but this last battery change made me decide to make a clean up pass on the drilled hole and to switch to a Recessed Door Sensor 7.

Have you made a warranty case with Aeon? The US Support rep has been great.

Yes it is an oxymoron :joy: I mean powered with a wire… not a battery.

I have not tried contacting the company. Yes it looks like corrosion. They are not in a conditioned space, but there’s no way they are getting wet, maybe humid? Maybe I’ve just had bad luck? :man_shrugging:t2: I’d prefer something without a battery anyway though.

There's a Ring Retrofit Alarm Kit that could hookup to 8 dumb contact sensors. Perfect house with old existing alarm. It's z-wave and work with Hubitat I think.

If your house is wired, I highly recommend Konnected.