Wired doorbell to HE?

Hello Trunzoc.
I had noticed many postings with code for this device. Mine was delivered yesterday. Can you tell me if people are free to use your code please? And if so..is it as simple as copy and paste to the drivers code? Anything else needed?
Thank You
Mac

Take a look at the code itself for the license info displayed pretty prominently towards the top.

As a zigbee device all you should have to do is add the driver code to your hub. I don’t have one of these, so I don’t know for sure the hub auto-assigns the driver correctly, but if it doesn’t you can manually reassign the driver in the device’s details page after it has paired, then save and hit the configure button at the top of the page.

Yep. Free to use, as all user drivers and apps should be!

1 Like

I cant seem to get this to work for me, ive tried a bunch of different drivers and 2 sage door bell sensors and nothing happens when I ring the door bell. No events show up in the sensor details page. Im stumped.

I hate to ask the obvious but I assume you paired the sensor with the hub using Zigbee discovery and saved it after it was found? Does the sensor show up in your devices? If so, does the sensor just never change state when you ring the bell? Mine will show open as long as I’m pushing the doorbell button, so if that’s not happening, it might be wired wrong.

It pairs straight away and automatically picks the sage device driver, click configure then try the door bell but nothing happens. Install seems straight forward and doubt I got that wrong twice, green to front door, white to transformer, yellow to rear doorbell.

Might hit it with a multimeter tomorrow and see what's happening at the connections, but the door bell chimes normally so no idea what else it could be.

I'm having a similar problem. Paired straight away. It selected the SAGE driver. I tested mine however on an 18v AC was wort but can't get it to show up on a log, nor does it control a light i set up in Simple lighting when a button is pressed.
Any troubleshooting thoughts?
Thanks
Mac

Appreciate the reply. Question for you. Should there be a status anywhere on the device page using your driver? I know with switches, there is typically a status indicator ( on or off). With this i see "Current States" Number of Buttons 2.....but nothing to indicate if the button was pressed.
I paired the device, it selected the Sage driver. Prior to installing i simply tried to power or activate from an 18v ac power supply. No state changes and nothing in the logs.
Appreciate your thoughts.
Mac

I don’t use the original driver but the modified driver I use (posted above) uses a sensor capability as opposed to switch and it shows open/closed in the driver. Might be a good way to troubleshoot if the original driver doesn’t show state.

Here’s a link.

CrazyIvan, and chance you'd post your contact code with both buttons identified?

I definitely like the idea of contact sensors better than buttons.

For any with the Sage Light switches, this driver also works for them as well. Not necessary, but I modified the code renaming doorbell to light switch, and it works great!

I have 48 of these light switches new in box, PM if interested in any trades :slight_smile:
Thanks for this driver!

I was planning on getting a PoE doorbell (have CAT6) but my HOA said no camera doorbells. So I'm interested in "smartifying" a traditional wired doorbell. It seems they are two options: Nexia and Sage.

So which one is preferred? For those of you that are using Sage or Nexia - care to share your experience with it so far?

Thanks

Sage for me. It works well and is fairly easy to install provided you have a doorbell chime that has marks to indicate which terminal is which or you can get a diagram to indicate that information. As for operation, there is a few second delay between the doorbell ringing and the notification on my phone, but less than 5 seconds usually.

3 Likes

I have a sage doorbell and it is great. However I also have a covered porch and have mounted a Hue Outdoor Motion Sensor on to a column facing the door. It alerts me quite frequently to packages that have been dropped off without a knock on the door or a push of the doorbell.

2 Likes

Sage works fine and is dirt cheap...

3 Likes

any recommendations on a chime that works best with the sage?

Not a brand, but some parameters. The SAGE can cover both front and back doors although it can be used for just a front door. Our house is wired for front door only so that is what I am doing. It needs power, You would want one to buy a doorbell kit that includes the transformer if you want to use it. Wireless would likely not work as there would not be terminals to connect wires so it has to be a hard-wired one as best as I can figure. Something like this: https://smile.amazon.com/Newhouse-Hardware-Electric-Transformer-Surface/dp/B019BWA0ES/ or this: https://smile.amazon.com/Heath-Zenith-SL-27102-02-Doorbell-Contractor/dp/B001DU1XOI/ can serve as examples of ones that will most likely work well with the SAGE device.

1 Like

Finally received my sensor. Is this the latest driver update? Wired doorbell to HE?

Yes this is the driver I am using although there is a built in driver with the latest HE update. Although I had issues with the built in driver.

1 Like

Hello all, I see a lot of discussion here about using a sensor, but was wondering if it would be possible to plug a relay in between the doorbell and the doorbell button. That way it could be silenced during certain times, and possibly, trigger other events.

Thoughts?