Wink hub down again. 01/25/2021

Wink was one of only a couple hubs with Lutron built in, and the last of those. I don't think Lutron does this any more. They are probably happy that Wink is or will be gone.

The Lutron hub is worth it for Pico remotes alone. And if you have Caseta, you might as well make them smart.

2 Likes

Make sure it's the "PRO" version of the hub. Look at some recent posts as I think there is a dealer having a sale on them. ($88 )

6 Likes

Got my Hubitat in the mail to replace wink earlier this week. I thought paying wink a subscription fee would make them better by funding development, apparently that made them worse :/. Was happy to find a helpful community and a snappy hub! It's so much faster in response to integrations for voice commands and I love the fact I can configure my automation and unplug it from the internet forever....AND MY AUTOMATION STILL WORKS! :). well worth the price! Wink is done for good this time - I cant imagine anyone crawling back to them... My main concern is canceling my subscription since nothing works, cant login, etc. Will probably have to do it with my bank or something.

3 Likes

Welcome to the club :wink:
Lots of old wink users here!!

2 Likes

Former Wink user here! Switched to hubitat over the weekend. Only every converted 8 switches in the house... feeling motivated I just did an audit and have 17 more to do! working through some planning details such as dimmers and motion sensors.

After the inside, I have the outside to take care of. The yard is huge and has a lot of elements needing lighting. (which was actually what drove me to wink 4 years ago, but I never got it completed!)

really happy with hubitat so far, and the community. already running a custom app to change the colors on my two Osram RBG lights, and gettign ready to try the GE Double tap.

6 Likes

After two years on Hubitat, I now have 100+ sensors, never touch a light switch in any room, Picos that control all sorts of stuff, lights that dim/restore based on TV status, controlled water valves for the front/back yard and a controlled main water valve, SMS notifications when anything goes awry, laundry notifications via Alexa (my housekeeper who hated these, now loves them). And that's scratching the surface. This is not a rabbit hole, it's a rabbit warren ....

(former Wink user)

7 Likes

There must be a flood of Wink and SmartThings users coming to Hubitat right now. The Hubitat store is sold out of Hubitat Elevation US and North America, and Amazon, which sells the hub at a premium over the Hubitat store, is out of stock until February 8.

Just in time for the Presidents’ Day holiday sales.

5 Likes

Reconnect in phases? Like someone on Reddit said, its like the Covid-19 vaccine. They'll be at 70% coverage by the end of the summer.

And Fauci says 70% ain't enough to guarantee that Wink won't have another outage.

5 Likes

Meanwhile put two masks over the hub and hope for the best.

I like Wink and I am not giving up yet.

To the question - when is enough, enough?

When Wink no longer meets my needs; the effort to switch will be less than the unhappiness in staying.

I’m giving them the benefit of assuming they will return to normal function

LOL...

3 Likes

Update - We have applied a solution to resolve connectivity and we will have the services up soon.

They found enough spare change in the couch cushions to pay for a month’s worth of internet service. Now they just need to find someone to spin up their servers after they pay the electric bill.

3 Likes

Does anyone know how long it usually takes for the Hubitat store to get new stock in? Or is the Amazon date a good indicator?

The Amazon date is a good indicator. Early in the pandemic, when global supply chains were disrupted, Hubitat's supply chain was also disrupted. But this is no longer the case, so I'm sure the Amazon estimation is accurate.

3 Likes

@mike.maxwell is soldering just as fast as he can.

4 Likes

I can just imaging Bruce snapping all these cases together once Mike gets them all soldered.

5 Likes